BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
System Administrator V
- Job Title
- System Administrator V
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education and Experience: Bachelors’ degree in a technical discipline, and 15+ years of relevant work experience.
- Perform system integration, administration and Tier 3 support to operational customer sites.
- Perform software mission baseline installation and support.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis,and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary. Mission baseline/patch testing.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Advanced debugging/troubleshooting Tier 3 support on near real-time applications
- Advise customers on technical system alternatives for system issues
- UNIX system administration (Solaris 10/11 and Linux installation, configuration, zoned servers…)
- Windows Server system administration (Windows Server 2016)
- Oracle DB administration/maintenance
- Build Server Suites to meet both mission and security requirements (UNIX servers, windows servers, NetApp storage, console servers …)
- Unix SW application packaging
- Develop/review/maintain documentation for Mission Baseline upgrades/patching
- Support Mission Baseline upgrade and patch test/verification activities
- Interpret/modify system application scripts for both normal system data flows and monitoring utilities (windows batch, UNIX shell, Perl, Powershell…)
- Systems/requirements impact analysis
- Develop engineering estimates to include cost benefits analysis
- Support trade studies/evaluations/tests for new HW and SW applications, to include technical evaluation reports.
- Technical lead for specific projects/activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing data flows, integrating technologies, and/or maintaining SW/HW systems on heterogeneous architectures on mid to large scale government programs/projects.
- Experience with both remote and on-site Tier 2/3 support to government customers.
- Experience with various servers, storage, and workstation hardware platforms and their associated OS, to include Oracle Servers (Solaris 10/), HP servers (Windows Server 2016), NetApp Filers (DOT 8.X in 7 Mode), HP workstations, and Peripherals (console server, monitors…)
- Experience with Unix/Windows administration (installation, configuration, management, maintenance…)
- Experience with Oracle Relational Database (sqlplus, DBI, administration…)
- Experience with Unix/Windows scripting (Perl, ksh…)
- Experience with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy
- Cursory knowledge of Networking setup, configuration, and debugging.
- Knowledge of Life Cycle Management (requirements definition, design, prototyping, integration, testing, validation)
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with peers or customer/corporate management.
- DOD IAT Level II or above
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills