BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Information Systems Security Officer
- Job Title
- Senior Information Systems Security Officer
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education and Experience: Bachelors’ degree and 8 years of relevant experience.
Required Certification: DoD 8570 IAT Level II or IAM Level II (Sec+CE, CySA+CE, etc) or above.
- Serves as the IT security POC (ISSO) for assigned systems to ensure agency information systems comply with FISMA OMB and agency Policies.
- Ensure security activities are implemented throughout the SDLC
- Ensure all systems are operated, maintained and disposed of IAW documented security policies and procedures including but not limited to Assessment & Authorization (A&A).
- Oversee and manage relationships for assigned systems that may be contractor owned and contractor operated, ensuring vendors comply with agency security and privacy requirements.
- Support the development and maintenance of all security documentation such as the System Security Plan, Privacy Impact Assessment, Configuration Management Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test Report, POA&M, annual FISMA assessment, and incident reports.
- Promote Information Security Awareness and provide training.
- Research assigned IT security systems to provide insight on IT security architectures and IT security recommendations for assigned systems.
- Report, and respond to security incidents.
- Assess vulnerabilities to ascertain if additional safeguards are needed and ensure systems are patched and security hardened at all levels of the “stack,” and monitor to see that vulnerabilities are re-mediated as appropriate.
- Knowledge of sensitive system cybersecurity requirements and Privacy Act requirements
- Experience with NIST 800 publications, particularly those associated with the Risk Management Framework and FedRAMP.
- Experience evaluating security controls against requirements such as FISMA, FIPS, and NIST guidelines.
- Experience with three (3) of the following criteria:
- Vulnerability scanning execution, assessment, and analysis.
- Operating system and network knowledge (i.e, LAN and WAN).
- Information security and assurance principles and associated supporting technologies.
- Application security, database security, and network security.
Desired Certifications: CISSP, CASP, CISA, SSCP, CISM, CEH and/or MS Security
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills