BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- PeopleSoft Developer
- Requirement ID
- Reston, VA 20191
- Other Location
The successful candidate must be energetic and able to quickly adapt to diverse requirements and changing circumstances. Candidate must have good interpersonal skills to build and maintain a strong, trust-based and transparent relationship with the customer.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (with ability to obtain CI poly, we will start the process)
Required Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or closely related degree and a minimum of 2 years of progressive IT experience OR High School Diploma and 8 years progressive IT experience.
- A minimum of two years of Oracle/PeopleSoft Development experience.
- Perform all aspects of PeopleSoft technical activities including: software architecture, technical design, design reviews, prototype development, and demonstration, programming, unit testing and system testing for all new application development initiatives and production support requirements.
- Perform technical design and development, product development, and analyze activities in support of application enhancements and defects (e.g., write PeopleCode, build or alter PeopleSoft objects, and create/modify component interfaces); modify application engines; write DMS and/or SQL statements; and create SQRs).
- Perform unit testing, prepare detailed technical design documentation, conduct technical
design walkthroughs, conduct peer reviews, and comply with configuration management practices and established development standards.
- Validate technical capabilities and requirements prior to final release phase, manage all application fix and release processes.
- Work closely with Functional Analysts, other PS Developers, Testers, and Administrators in an Agile framework.
- Independently leading development efforts, coordinating development team activities, and creating/documenting development standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of; Application Designer, PeopleCode, PeopleTools; Workflow, Application Engine, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Application Messaging, Application Packaging, XML Publisher, and PeopleSoft Security.
- Experience working with Oracle/PeopleSoft HCM version 9.1 or higher Federal products.
- Experience working with PeopleTools version 8.50 or higher.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced, growing and changing secure environment.
- The capacity to work well and excel in a team environment and the willingness to support flexible hours.
- Development experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 using PeopleCode, Application Designer, App Engine, Integration Broker, Fluid UI, and AWE.
- Development experience with HCM modules, including Federal HR, Payroll Interface, and ePerformance.
- Development experience using PeopleTools 8.5+.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills