A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Senior Navy Budget Consultant
- Job Title
- Senior Navy Budget Consultant
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20001
- Other Location
Senior Navy Budget Consultant
Minimum Secret Clearance Required
Do you wish you could be heard and make an impact in advising customers and not be lost in the shuffle of a large firm with tons of competition to advance?
Would working for a rapidly growing boutique advisory firm with a culture of visibility with leadership and ability to effect change quickly motivate you?
If so, then we have a great opportunity for you!
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique workforce solutions company, has been engaged by a management consulting firm serving customers in the US Government to assist in their search to identify Senior Navy Budget Consultant to support their customer, the United States Navy in Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) to directly support the Office of Financial Operations (FMO). This position is located at the Washington Navy Yard.
As the Senior Navy Budget Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing programmatic and financial data analysis, review and analysis of Congressional, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of the Navy (DON) requirements, programming and budget guidance and direction.
- Providing SME input as to deliverables, meetings, and various responses to queries from FMO senior leadership.
- Identifying issues, concerns, and impact of budgetary adjustments to ensure funds are effectively and efficiently meeting DON needs.
- Coordinating and tracking associated impact statements and issue justification language.
- Reviewing Program Budget Information System (PBIS) to report budget status and monitor for changes.
- Initiating, supporting, and driving the preparation of PPBE briefs.
- Reporting on the impact of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Issue Papers and Resource Management Decisions (RMD).
- Verifying that responses/reclamas are developed in proper format and contain accurate financial data.
- Presenting recommendations in government format for leadership review by established deadlines.
- Understanding client’s organization and industry business issues, gaps, related challenges and ability to address the client’s needs and expectations.
- Supporting the operations of the client engagement team and management while performing as an integrated team member.
- Actively participating in client meetings and day-to-day interactions and prepare presentations and briefings.
To be successful in this role, your background will include the following;
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or business-related field
- An active DoD Secret clearance required to start - (Top Secret accepted)
- 6-10 years of PPBE experience
- 7+ years of Navy experience
- Proficiency with the Web, and MS Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of engagement or project planning and control process
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Occasional travel may be required
- Interacts comfortably with team and client personnel
- Demonstrates self-motivation, excellent time-management, and organizational skills
- Possesses strong analytical skills, initiative, and the ability to work well under pressure, can meet tight deadlines, and is committed to complete projects
- Technical understanding of IT general controls (ITGC), Financial Information System Control Audit Manual (FISCAM), and National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication (NIST) 800-53v4
- Ability to understand IT audit finding recommendations to translate those requirements to functional/technical stakeholders
- Well organized to manage multiple different tasks and activities across different workstreams
- Ability to understand business processes in order to develop and implement new controls to mitigate or remediate identified IT audit gaps
Highly desired skills/experience include:
- One of the following professional certifications: CGFM or CDFM
- Working experience with PBIS.
- Familiarity with DoD and/or Service level financial management policies and procedures
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #navy #budgetanalyst #PPBE #CGFM #CDFM #budgetplanning #budgetexecution @NavyJobs @DCjobs @SecretJobs