Our team is growing. You will, too.
- Job Title
- DevOps Engineer
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO 64105
- Other Location
AutoAlert is the automotive industry's leading data-mining and lead generation platform helping dealerships identify high-quality leads, increase volume of retail trade-ins, and improve customer retention. Founded in 2002, with multiple locations including headquarters in downtown Kansas City, AutoAlert has provided the automotive industry with innovative software, direct marketing and training solutions currently implemented in over 3,000 dealerships.
The DevOps Engineer will be involved across the entire life cycle of the development process. They are responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. The DevOps Engineer must be able to adjust to constant business change, including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with IT team members to understand their requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies, and architectural standards.
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs
- Utilize IaC, configuration management, and command execution tools to maintain infrastructure
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site stability and performance, and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with IT, Security, Data Science, Engineering, Product, Services, and other departments.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance, such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
Background & Experience:
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider
- Experience with cloud infrastructure environments (AWS)
- Experience with containerization technology (Docker with AWS ECS Fargate)
- Experience with C# applications and related .NET technology stack deployed in containers or virtual hosts (.NET Framework, .NET Core)
- Release automation (Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy)
- System administration, configuration, and debugging experience for Windows Server (2012R2, 2016, 2019) and Linux (CentOS)
- Experience using scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash), configuration management tools (Puppet) and command execution frameworks (Ansible)
- Experience using Git to manage code
- Strong affinity for open source software and Linux
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports.
- Ability to operate in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover all duties and responsibilities of the employee to effectively do their job. Eligibility requirements apply to all benefit plans. AutoAlert reserves the right to alter all benefit offerings at will. AutoAlert is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.