Delta Risk is continually looking for talented cyber security professionals to join us as employees, consulting partners, or teammates. We have immediate needs for both administrative and cyber security jobs listed, and we always welcome resumes from qualified cyber security professionals for current and future hiring needs.
We look for candidates with cyber security skills in our service offerings and with domain experience in the markets we serve. Our jobs require candidates to hold an undergraduate degree, and for most roles we prefer advanced degrees. Successful candidates also have strong consulting, communications, and interpersonal skills, and live by our Core Principles.
SOC Analyst Tier II
- Job Title
- SOC Analyst Tier II
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78205
- Other Location
The SOC Analyst II is an intermediate level position within the security operations center and provides cyber security monitoring. The SOC Analyst II is responsible for providing effective security monitoring through triage, investigation, communication and reporting. The SOC Analyst II will independently review and process alarms from various security tools focusing on alarms of a malicious nature and potentially malicious events. The SOC Analyst II will be responsible for managing new and established customers including all reporting and regular communications.
The SOC Analyst II will investigate alarms and perform investigations to gather information necessary for determining actions required. They will initiate tickets to customers based on the results of alarm review. The SOC Analyst II will perform tuning of alarms for various customers.
The SOC Analyst II will perform threat hunting and investigations into potential threats based on log data and provide results of analysis to management. They will provide analysis and trending of security log data from a wide range of security devices. They will provide recommendations on security best practices and look for opportunities to improve security postures.
The SOC Analyst II will serve as a mentor to technical support and junior analysts.
· Ability to investigate and evaluate network traffic, read and interpret logs and packet captures
· Experience with threat hunting
· Hands on experience with TCP/IP Protocols and network/security applications
· Hands on experience with SIEM & EDR tools
· Experience with scripting for task automation (e.g. Bash, Python, Golang)
· Working experience in AWS, Azure, or GCP
· Experience managing & analyzing alarms from security tools such as firewalls and IDS/IPS systems
· Advanced knowledge of interpreting and analyzing vulnerability scan results
· Working knowledge of industry best practices such as NIST, ISO27002, PCI-DSS and HIPAA
· Hands on experience with operating systems (Windows, Linux)
· In depth knowledge of current threats, vulnerabilities, and recent cyber attacks.
· Critical thinking and analytical skills
· Good written and oral communications skills
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Security or related experience
• 3-5 years hands on technical security experience
• 3-5 years experience in a DevSecOps, Security Operations, or similar role
• Previous experience in an incident response capacity
• Certifications (GSEC, SEC+, Network+, GCED, GCIA)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Delta Risk LLC is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer who is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Delta Risk LLC does not make employment decisions based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Delta Risk LLC is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.