Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- Scrum Master
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: In Agile, the Scrum Master is a challenging position as he cares about the team functionality. Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. The Scrum Master increases team efficiency, motivates the team, spins, argues for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. The Scrum Master ensures the Definition of Done is being followed. The Scrum Master liaises between business clients (product owners) and development (technical) and non-technical staff entrusted to develop the quality application.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organization.
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Use data to understand business patterns and trends
- Communicate findings to company through standard and ad hoc reports
- Collaborate with technical and cross-functional teams
- Experience in Health IT Development and integration.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Knowledge of Agile approaches: Scrum, Kanban, XP, Crystal, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of software engineering requirements development, software development and testing.
- Knowledge of Object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience using Rational Suite and Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience working in CMMI Level 3 or higher environment
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask