Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Senior Test Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Test Engineer
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Want to make a real impact?
At Liberty, we believe that Lines of Code can Change Lives, and it is our job to do so every day, more securely and more dependably.
We are currently seeking a sharp, ambitious, and enthusiastic Test Engineer to join our team to innovate and change the face of healthcare in our country.
Over the past year, our small company has tackled a wide range of public health issues through technology and business solutions, such as Veteran suicide prevention, genomic and big data analytics, community care, API-driven government gateways, health record modernization, and enterprise-wide federal cyber security and DevSecOps efforts to name a few.
So what will you transform?
Summary: The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Tester assesses software quality through manual and automated testing. The Tester has experience working with developers, end users and organizations to create test plans and test scripts, coordinate with test sites and other team participants to plan test events and experienced in creating reports. The Tester tracks problems and reports on errors that are identified. Tester must have experience with configuring necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing and have comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments. The Tester writes or assists in the development of test plans and test procedures. The Tester manages the defect database under the guidance of senior engineers and traces requirements are verified and validated. Ultimately, the Tester will ensure that products, applications and systems work correctly.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: More than 2 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Test Engineers and Test Planners/Managers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Oversee all test events and manage multiple test events defining and staffing these test events with appropriate resources
- Configure necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing
- Manage the defect database
- VA or other Federal Government experience required.
- Experience with VistA Required - Applicants will not be considered if they do not have VistA
- Proven experience as a QA, tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software Rational
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Working knowledge of test management software Jira, GitHub and SQL