A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
- Job Title
- Declassification Specialist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20472
- Other Location
Active Top Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard LLC has been retained by our client, a leading Federal Contractor, to identify experienced staff with an active TS clearance, and experience working as a Declassification Specialist for a Federal Agency located in Washington, DC.
As a Declassification Specialist you will use your analytical skills to apply policy and procedures in making determinations on documents for declassification, exemption, exclusion or referral to other agencies. You must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills, reading comprehension, attention to detail, and organizational abilities.
In the role you will;
- Annually complete at least 2000 Mandatory Declassification Review requests using approved guidance and established procedures, while recommending changes to guidance and procedures as necessary, to comply with the letter and spirit of E.O. 13526 and related directives. This work may include discretionary special projects processed as Mandatory Declassification Review requests.
- Use software tools to redact sensitive information as required. Requests and special projects include an initial review of each document, redacting or referring sensitive information under Executive Order 13526, the Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, Atomic Energy Act, and other authorities, and a separate quality control review sufficient to ensure the accuracy of primary review work.
- Coordinate and/or assist government personnel in coordinating, with other offices, agencies, or governments as required to ensure compliance with all relevant statutes, international agreements, and executive orders.
- Electronically record review results. Reviewer performance is tracked using approved management controls.
- Upon review completion, records shall be suitable for public release in electronic and/or hard copy format.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.in the areas of Political Science, Foreign Affairs, International Affairs/Relations, History, Law or related fields of study, and/or a Juris Doctor degree (with experience working in and/or demonstrated expertise in foreign affairs or national security highly preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of foreign policy, diplomacy, foreign aid, or national security highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of E.O. 13526, the FOIA, the Privacy Act, and other information access programs.
- Experience working on FOIA appeals and/or FOIA litigation cases highly desirable including work on declarations, Vaughn indices, and preparing documents for FOIA litigation filings.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.