A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Network Architect, Post-Sales Support Consultant
- Job Title
- Network Architect, Post-Sales Support Consultant
- Job ID
- Hanover, MD 21076
- Other Location
Network Architect, Post Sales Consultant
Top Secret Clearance with Full Scope Polygraph Required
Baltimore, Maryland or Remote with travel
Talent Orchard LLC has been retained by a leading provider of Network Systems to the Federal Government to assist build out their technical post-sales consulting team. Much of the work is based in Maryland, however, consultants can work from anywhere and travel as needed. This is a highly technical in-depth Network Architecture focused role working within some of the most secure environments in the world.
This position is a highly technical role, providing post-sales support for customer-specific network architecture design. The Consultant Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed within the customers’ network and related platform certification processes. This is a full-time position requiring strong knowledge and experience with Network Architecture and Transport Protocols.
- Lead design and information gathering workshops with the customer to understand the customer's existing network design and technical requirements.
- Understand the customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures.
- Use of network design tools (e.g. Ciena OnePlanner, Ciena MPBP, etc.)
- Work with Quality Assurance, Development, Product Management, Technical Publications, and Training to provide customer feedback.
- Create, review, validate and publish required customer required reports
- Contribute to customer support knowledgebase.
- Travel to other customer sites with short notice.
- May also be engaged in customer training.
- Participate with peers to co-resolve critical client Multi-technology network issues and provide creative recommendations to highly complex network issues.
- Must follow Global Technical Support processes as outlined and provided.
- Provide on-call support evenings and weekends for critical events.
- Establish and maintain a strong technical support relationship with assigned clients.
- Verify and report design, reliability and maintenance problems or defects to the engineering teams and communicate with engineering and manufacturing on problems found in the field.
- Act as a technical consultant to other Technical Support functions and others in the company.
- Act as a technical escalation path for regional support groups and peer engineers, if required.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science or related field/discipline.
- 8 plus years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Excellent understanding of SONET/SDH, ATM, GbE, ADM, TL1 commands, and other Switching/transport concepts.
- Experience with Ciena 6500 product line.
- General understanding of transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications. Familiar with the use of various optical and Ethernet technologies test equipment.
- Good knowledge and experience with Network Management software and a general understanding of the fiber optic transport and switching protocols.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and debug complex system level issues.
- Excellent customer service interaction skills especially in stressful situations.
- Expert in defining problem down to design level and translating back to Development Engineering.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Must be punctual and able to accept continuous unusual work hours. Typically, there will be very short notice.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.