A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON - ONCOLOGY
- Job Title
- MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON - ONCOLOGY
- Job ID
- Princeton, NJ 08540
- Other Location
- Eastern PA, NY, NYC, NJ, DE
MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON
New Jersey, Southern New York State (and NY City), Eastern Pennsylvania
Work from home office
Talent Orchard LLC has been retained by a fast-growing biopharmaceutical firm to assist build their field-based Medical Science Liaison (MSL) capabilities to support their commercial and in-development Oncology product portfolio. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced MSL with the depth of relationships in the Oncology field to really have an impact and enjoy a great quality of life working for a firm that truly looks after its talent. From competitive compensation to fully funded healthcare and 401 matches, our client is committed to supporting the great people of their team with an exceptional environment, while their product pipeline is very exciting, pointing to longevity and security.
Our client is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a global pharmaceutical powerhouse and works urgently to discover and develop innovative cancer treatments. As cancer evolves, our client evolves with it, bringing novel technology to cornerstone chemotherapies, while at the same time optimizing new targeted agents. Advanced technology, dedicated investigators, and incomparable facilities, these vast resources empower them to redefine the way the world treats cancer.
As an MSL supporting the Great Lakes Region you will;
Facilitate and develop the relationship with the medical/scientific community within your assigned territory, by communicating product-related information to investigators and institutions. Provide information on research developments and new concepts in medical treatment, giving perspective to field activities associated with growing existing products and bringing new products to market. You will build lasting and qualitative relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL’s) within Oncology in your territory. You will be tasked with bringing back requests for information and insights from your KOL’s to the company’s Medical Information, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Commercial Services sectors so that innovative solutions or educational information can be developed.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key investigators and institutions strategic to the effective use of company products.
- Participates in medical education for healthcare professionals, including formulary committees, through presentations at appropriate venues.
- Facilitates the identification of medical community training and educational needs for product introduction. Works with the appropriate departments to ensure the required education and training are provided.
- Increases visibility for the client with current and future industry leaders.
- Identifies clinical research opportunities that are consistent with company objectives.
- Enhances professional interaction between the client and industry leaders.
- Key contact for investigators for the initiation of ISS.
- Provides investigators with technical support for study development.
- Identifies and communicates key clinical and research issues from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, marketing plans, and strategies.
- Maintains clinical expertise through aggressive education including attendance at relevant conferences, scientific workshops, and review of key journals.
Your background will likely include;
PharmD. Preferred. An MD, PhD or Master’s degree within Biology or related fields, from an accredited institution, recognized as such within the US is also acceptable.
- This is a field based position working from a home office: must be available for frequent travel.
- 3-5 years overall experience as a MSL, with a minimum of 2 years Oncology.
- Demonstrable clinical trial development experience is a required.
- Knowledge of treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, FDA regulations and OIG guidelines is required.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to network and partner with important external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors and pharmacy directors is required.
- Our client is experiencing significant growth and therefore a high level of positive self-motivation and adaptability to rapidly changing demands is essential for your long-term success.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.