Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Junior Technical Writer
- Job Title
- Junior Technical Writer
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: A Technical Writer will review and edit prescribed planning documents, agile software development documents (any requirements, designs, release notes, etc), prepare instruction manuals/training materials, how-to guides, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information. The technical writer must be able to understand complex engineering and health IT business information and communicate the information in standard documents for coordinated reviews and approval. Additional administrative responsibilities will be required including document tracking, filing, knowledge management structure, meeting minutes, etc.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Explains highly technical data and information in simplistic grade school language for end users of complex IT systems and projects.
- Ensure grammatical, format, style, and logic while using a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools.
- Gathers and converts data into a written narrative.
- Elicit, define or refine, and trace requirements of business and technical nature
- Edits narrative and graphic products to identify and correct typographical and grammatical errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Experience with data gathering and creating reports to display data using common office automation tools.
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment
- Senior to expert level experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- VA and/or Healthcare IT experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3 programs.
- Experience with Agile Development or Software development lifecycles, requirements, and software documentation and associated technologies/tools
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.