- Job Title
- Records Technician
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 33 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Provides customer service related to records to corporate employees and clients. Works on projects either in the Records Center or in user departments as assigned by the supervisor. Serves as point of contact for customers accessing documents from Records Center and provides information on records center programs to other departments as required. Maintains records including creating folders; files complex documents and researches and resolves discrepancies on forms. Prepares records for transfer or destruction. Performs quality control, checking the work of Data Entry Clerk(s). Resolves discrepancies between data entry procedures and quality control procedures. Responsible for routine retrieval of records information including: copying documents for delivery via fax or interoffice mail. Decision making is little, governed by procedure, guided by policy and guided by objective, focused on daily operations.
Under general supervision and little decision-making:
- Provides customer service to corporate employees and clients - payroll contacts related to records.
- Works on projects either in the Records Center or in user departments as assigned by the supervisor. Trains new hires as assigned by supervisor.
- Serves as point of contact for customers accessing documents from Records Center and provides information on records center programs to other departments as required.
- Maintains records including creating folders; files complex documents and researches and resolves discrepancies on forms; indexes and tracks the location of folders on database applications. Inspects and processes inactive records. Prepares records for transfer or destruction.
- Performs quality control, checking the work of Data Entry Clerk(s). Resolves discrepancies between data entry procedures and quality control procedures. Inspects documents received and returns those with major defects to the clients. Corrects documents with minor defects, which often involves contacting the client.
- Responsible for routine retrieval of records information including: copying documents for delivery via fax or interoffice mail; following established procedures for checking out of records; enforcing security provisions to prevent access to information by unauthorized individuals; and updating team members and customers on status of requests.
- Coordinates the protection of vital records and preserves historical records as identified in established procedures, which can involve extensive copying of documents, microfilm preparation, filming, inspection, scanning, indexing, and quality control of electronic images.
- Prioritizes daily work flow and keeps supervisor informed of any anticipated backlog and exceptions to procedures.
- Provides supervisor with suggestions on ways to improve the process by enhancing quality, increasing efficiency, or expanding customer service.
- Answers telephone, responds to routine inquiries, and conveys messages. Serves as back-up to team members.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Up to two years of experience in in an office environment is preferred. Six months of records center experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Requires a commitment to accuracy and outstanding customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of current INS regulations related to I-9 documentation.
- Must follow established procedures and identify exceptions.
- Experience with files and general office work.
- Working knowledge of alphabetical order, business English, spelling, arithmetic, and general office etiquette.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced and pressure-filled environment.
- Good organizational skills and flexibility to handle shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Working knowledge of computers using Windows; demonstrated attention to detail; typing accurately from clear copy at 45 words per minute or 10,000 characters per hour; ability to key records into a database, including a basic knowledge of records and fields (rows and columns); ability to operate PC computer, copy machine and fax machine.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; following verbal and written instructions; ability to work independently from general instructions; ability to identify exceptions; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.