- Job Title
- Line Superintendent
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
On Target is now hiring for a Line Superintendent in the Portland/Gardiner, Maine area!
This position is responsible for the overall management and financial management of the Line Construction and Pole Setting group that operates multi-state (currently New England and New York) including:
- Transmission Services
- Distribution Services
- Telecommunication Construction Services (Fiber Optic, Telephone, CATV)
- Pole Setting Services
- Streetlighting Services
- Responsible for the assessment, recruitment & staffing of the Line Department workforce.
- Assure compliance of Safety Program for the Line Construction group.
- Practice, promote and maintain a safe work environment including workplace & vehicle safety.
- Monitor progression training and evaluation procedures for the Line workforce.
- Work with Project Management group and Scheduling staff to meet client needs and project schedules.
- Assist the project management group with cost estimates, proposals and the development of cost standards and project cost tracking procedures.
- Work with appropriate personnel in recommending and securing the appropriate vehicles, equipment and tooling to meet the needs of the various Line Construction workgroups.
- Working with the Fleet Manager, oversee the management and maintenance of the Line vehicle fleet.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and technologies for the electric and telecommunications industry.
- Approve staff timesheets, personal expenses, credit card statements, phone bills, etc.
- Limited travel required.
- Four (4) year college degree required or related experience may be substituted.
- 1st Class T&D Lineworker status required.
- Previous supervisory/management experience required.
- A thorough knowledge of Electric T&D procedures, National Electric Code standards and OSHA compliance.
- Knowledge of Fiber Optic Installation and Maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of Telephone Construction standards and work procedures.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills including motivating, directing, evaluating and supporting employees as assigned.
- Ability to be part of a team that puts customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction at the top.
- Deadline driven, ability to work as required to meet client's needs.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Personal Computer knowledge is desirable, Microsoft Office familiarity preferred.
- Stay abreast of technological changes through continuing education, training and trade articles.
- Responsible for the overall management and financial management of the Line Construction group
- Supervise direct work staff including line supervisors, project supervisors, scheduling assistant. Evaluate staff by conducting performance appraisals, observations and providing feedback.
- Must be able to enter data into a computer terminal for approximately 2-4 non-consecutive hours per day