Systems Support Engineer Tier2
- Job Title
- Systems Support Engineer Tier2
- Job ID
- Eatontown, NJ 07724
- Other Location
- 1 industrial way west eatontown nj 07724
Our client provides information technology services to small and mid-sized business. With a unique focus on providing a combination of cloud-based computing and on-site managed services, designed to meet the specific needs of the small and mid-size business marketplace. They are committed to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the IT industry, especially those who have the desire and aptitude to succeed and who possess a passion for delivering exceptional service to our clients. In turn, our client provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees will grow as the company does.
Systems Support Engineer Tier2
Are you an experienced, self-motivated individual who has a passion for technology and is looking for the opportunity to grow within a company? Are you looking to be proud of what you do, as well as challenge your skills while working with other professionals who are great at what they do? Are you seeking a role within a company that is built on and respects an individual’s desire for educational enhancement, career growth and leadership? If so, we want to speak with you!
In this hands-on technical role, the Systems Support Engineer (Tier 2) will provide operational support for the clients, both from onsite and our client’s Network Operations Center. You must be able to multitask, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, as well as be dedicated to providing the best possible service experience to the clients. You will also be responsible for on-boarding of new clients, managing technical projects for existing clients and mentoring/training junior personnel. The ability to troubleshoot problems and repair them in a timely manner is necessary.
- Providing day-to-day maintenance and support of client IT infrastructure.
- Configuring and managing virtual servers in our data center.
- Operating and maintaining production systems, as well as providing Tier 2 and 3 hardware and software support.
- Maintaining a high level of direct client interaction.
- Monitoring systems operations using enterprise-level tools.
- Mentoring and providing support to our Tier 1 Help Desk Support Specialists.
- In-depth knowledge of all MS Windows technologies and MAC OS X.
- Ability to manage and support cloud-based SaaS solutions, including Dropbox for Business, Office 365 and G Suite.
- Strong experience managing and troubleshooting e-mail solutions, with experience configuring and administrating Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with software installation and configurations for Windows and Linux.
- Hands-on experience with network technologies, including switch management, VLAN configuration and site-to-site VPNs.
- Strong network management skills with managed switches, firewalls and access point controllers.
- Thorough knowledge of high-speed Internet solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Hyper-V and/or VMware.
- Strong experience with backup and disaster recovery software.
- Working knowledge of Citrix and RDS/Terminal Server.
- Thorough knowledge in supporting mobile devices (smart phones, tablets and touch devices).
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of best practices in cyber security.
- At least 5 years of IT experience.
- Prior experience in providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to business end users.
- Experience using RMM and PSA software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Proven project team and project management skills.
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall.
- Microsoft certifications.
- Prior experience working in a Managed Services Provider.
We offer exceptional benefits to our employees. In addition to a fantastic compensation plan for all of our positions, we offer an excellent career path. We offer one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including healthcare plan, paid time off, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.