Human Resource Specialist
- Job Title
- Human Resource Specialist
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10036
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 33 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for aligning resources and services to develop HR practices for our clients. Delivers customized Insperity Human Resource service solutions that result in improved performance management and positively impacts our clients’ businesses. Works closely with business owners to develop work relationships and build trust that results in client retention and growth. Demonstrates depth and breadth of service and level of care expected with internal and external customers.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Develops and maintains effective relationships, provides sound guidance and value-added solutions that contribute to clients’ success and growth of their business, and results in high customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manages assigned book of business to include complex clients. Ensures all clients receive customized solutions in accordance with internal standards and HR best practices, prompt issue resolution, and timely follow-up.
- Interacts with clients to gain knowledge of their business model and drivers, HR practices, goals and objectives. Makes recommendations utilizing knowledge from various human resource disciplines to address client needs and follows-up to ensure satisfaction
- Develops and delivers customized HR solutions that support and enhance the client’s organizational culture, and work practices.
- Recommends training to improve business operations and minimize liability, e.g. harassment and discrimination prevention, performance appraisal training, development of employee handbooks and policies, job descriptions, employee counseling, terminations, and other programs.
- Identifies legal and regulatory compliance concerns related to employee relations and partners with clients to conduct employee coaching, counseling, reduction in force decisions, termination analysis, separation agreements, and acts as point of communication between affected employee and client if needed.
- Utilizes HR, Compensation, EEO, or other appropriate Centers of Excellence (COE) and internal partners to resolve challenging client issues.
- Delivers formal and informal presentations, including controversial topics or complex ideas in a clear, concise and logical sequence at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Builds, maintains, and promotes relationships with team members, peers across disciplines, sales staff, and all other company team members ensuring effective coordination of communications and services affecting clients.
- Partners with other service team members to develop service strategy plans, identify client concerns, and make recommendations to improve and strengthen the client relationship.
- Ensures all client and client-related interactions are properly and timely documented in the appropriate client management systems and databases.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Two to five years of related Human Resources experience is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Professional or Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR, SPHR) and/or SHRM Certified Professional or Senior Professional (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SPC) certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Human Resources best practices with emphasis on employee relations as well as related federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Strong customer service experience in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of business drivers for small businesses.
- Adaptive, resilient, and able to negotiate, and influence behavior toward positive outcomes.
- Strong time management, detail-orientation, and organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize.
- Project management skills and experience managing multiple projects.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of an organization and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment. Able to communicate to a wide audience and translate complex human resources issues and concepts into understandable terms.
- Effective problem solving/decision making skills.
- Proficient in the design and delivery of presentations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other applications as needed.
Travels: Yes, up to 15% of the time
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.