Finance Director Non-Profit
- Job Title
- Finance Director Non-Profit
- Job ID
- HAYWARD, CA 94541-2805
- Other Location
Since 1972, our client has been a non-profit family resource agency dedicated to strengthening children, families and childcare providers in Alameda County. They provide access to affordable, quality childcare by connecting families and providers to a wide network of community partners, child focused resources and financial assistance programs.
Finance Director – Non-Profit
You have integrity and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards. You have a reputation for excellence and your attention to detail is impeccable. For you, no task is too small or too big, you can do it all. If this sounds like you, we would like to talk to you.
As the Finance Director, you you supervise both Fiscal Services and Provider Payment Services Units of the Accounting Department. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you'll ensure that the Agency financial records are maintained in accordance with the funding terms and conditions of the contracts. You’ll also develop and implement an accounting system that will provide reasonable internal and external control over the revenues, cash management, expenses, assets, and liabilities of the organization.
- Develop and implement all accounting functions, including developing procedures that recognizes the proper segregation of duties.
- Prepare financial documents for the annual agency wide audit and for individual contractor audits.
- Coordinate and prepare monthly, quarterly or annual financial reports to funders; i.e. Form 9500s and Caseload Reports for Alternative Payment and CalWORKs Programs, etc.
- In coordination with Human Resources, supervise payroll which includes the preparation of payroll, periodic reports, journal entries and year-end W2s
- Assist with the development of the Agency wide annual budget, cost allocation plan, and internal control procedures manual
- Supervise the Accounting Fiscal Services Unit staff (Accounting Manager, Payroll Accountant I, Accounts Payable Supervisor and Accounts Payable Specialist)
- Supervise the Accounting Provider Services Unit staff (Provider Payment Manager and Childcare Service Specialists)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 5 years experience with non-profit fund accounting
- Minimum of 3 year experience as Finance Director or CFO of a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of California Department of Education Funding Terms and Conditions
- Knowledge of Title 2 Code of Federal Regulations Part 200 and Uniform Guidance
- Spreadsheet experience and accounting software experiences
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.