Our team is growing. You will, too.
- Job Title
- Cloud/System Architect
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO 64105
- Other Location
Location: Kansas City, MO – this position is office based, does not work remotely
AutoAlert is the automotive industry's leading data-mining and lead generation platform helping dealerships identify high-quality leads, increase volume of retail trade-ins, and improve customer retention. Founded in 2002, with multiple locations including headquarters in downtown Kansas City, AutoAlert has provided the automotive industry with innovative software, direct marketing and training solutions currently implemented in over 3,000 dealerships.
The Cloud/System Architect will be involved across the entire life cycle of the development process. They are responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. The Cloud/System Architect must be able to adjust to constant business change, including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
The Cloud/System Architect will provide leadership and mentoring for DevOps Engineers. They will work closely with IT team members to understand their requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies, and architectural standards.
• Provide leadership and mentoring for DevOps Engineers and members of the development team
• Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs
• Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
• Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
• Manage cross-functional requirements working with Engineering, Product, Services, and other departments.
• Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
• Design and build applications, services, components, and libraries using scripting or C# as appropriate
• Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
• Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance, such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, etc.
Background & Experience:
• Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with containerization and serverless architecture (Docker, AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway)
• Experience with C# applications and related .NET technology stack
• Release automation (Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild)
• System administration, configuration, and debugging
• Experience developing .NET applications and services (C#)
• Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible) and command execution frameworks
• Experience researching and utilizing Open Source projects to meet business and technical requirements
• Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
• Strong interpersonal and team skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports
• Able to administer and troubleshoot systems and services, such as PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, and Airflow
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• Competitive Compensation Package
• Health Savings Accounts
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Fitness Reimbursement Plan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover all duties and responsibilities of the employee to effectively do their job. Eligibility requirements apply to all benefit plans. AutoAlert reserves the right to alter all benefit offerings at will. AutoAlert is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.