Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Senior Test Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Test Engineer
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32935
- Other Location
Summary: The Tester (Quality Assurance role) assesses software quality through manual and automated testing. The tester coordinates and executes test events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures and scripts. The tester must have knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments are set up accurately and create test reports. The test engineer must be able to test IT hardware, software, systems and networks. The Tester is responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. In this role, the tester should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. The tester must develop and execute test cases and be passionate about quality. Ultimately, the tester will ensure that products, applications and systems work correctly.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 3 years, or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Test Engineers and Test Planners/Managers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Working with developers, end users and organizations to create and document test plans, procedures, test scripts and test results.
- Implementation of test plans for cloud environments – specifically MS Dynamics 365 and Portals implementations
- Coordinating with test sites and other team participants to plan test events
- Tracking defects and error reports and in creating testing reports
- Performing QA duties within an Agile-Scrum team
- Supporting 508 compliance testing and documentation
- Configuring necessary operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing
- Developing and implementing test plans and procedures for VA VIP projects
- Using Rational suite in support of VA VIP projects
- VA or other Federal Government experience required.
- Proven experience as a QA, tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr, LoadRunner), Jira, Rational and SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time