A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Senior Budget and Business Analyst for Cybersecurity
- Job Title
- Senior Budget and Business Analyst for Cybersecurity
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 21244
- Other Location
Senior Budget and Business Analyst for Cyber Security
Must hold an active Top Secret Clearance/SCI
Talent Orchard is searching for a Senior Budget & Business Analyst to provide executive-level support for the Department of Defense’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in Arlington, VA.
Under the direction of the government, the Senior Budget Analyst will be responsible for supporting the DoD CIO, Deputy CIOs (DCIOs) and Directors in the development and submission of DoD CIO Program Budget Review (PBR) Issue Nominations and participation in the PBR process, the annual DoD CIO Budget Certification efforts, the development of the annual DoD CIO Capabilities Planning Guidance (CPG), and recommending substantive inputs for the Defense Planning Guidance (DPG), while ensuring integrated process and information flow for these highly interrelated efforts with overlapping timelines. The selectee will serve in a subject-matter expertise role for budgetary concerns for one of the DoD CIO’s focus areas of Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity (CS), Command, Control & Communications (C3), or Cloud Activities and IT Reform.
- Analyze financial data related to operations, business performance, opportunities, and investments
- Support the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process within DoD CIO by reviewing budget Program Objectives Memorandum (POM) submissions and correlating the submissions to strategy and or funding requirements
- Conduct Analysis of budget artifacts (SNAP-IT budget; investment descriptions, categorization of service and agency efforts to investment descriptions, Congressional Budget Justifications, budget baselines, etc.)
- Support improvements to the IT/Cyberspace Activity Budget Investments and the IT/Cyberspace Activity Budget taxonomy
- Review Service level budgets and make recommendations
- Ensure Department priorities are funded and prioritized correctly. Specifically review CIO priorities and CJCS priorities and determine how well service budget are aligned to those priorities.
- Assist in writing, editing, supporting, and justifying CPG language for assigned capability area(s)
- Support the creation of an annual budget certification report for the DoD CIO
- Bachelor’s Degree (Prefer Financial Management, Business Administration, Technology, or other applicable discipline)
- 10+ years of experience in the DoD Program Management and/or Financial Management career fields
- 4+ years of Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution process experience at the DoD Headquarters level
- 8+ years total of PPBE experience at any level.
- Cognizant of current DoD budgetary principles and their associated operational impact
- Needs to comprehend what should be contained in a Department level Strategy document and write to it.
- Must be able to read and interpret DoD Policy
- Must be able to find disconnects in Service level budgetary documents.
- Familiarity with Program Objective Memorandum (POM) submission process with DoD organizations and or Military services
- Demonstrated experience working with military components or other DoD agencies IT or cyberspace activities budget
- Experience working with budget databases to include DRDW, SNAP-IT, DITIP and/or PRCP
- Experience writing and or researching within DoD Appropriations and budget documents
- Experience with the execution of RDT&E, Procurement, and O&M funding
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage
- Ability to take a conceptual discussion and build a presentation to convey the message
- Must be a self-starter that can recognize needs and act with little to no guidance
- Able to rapidly understand and apply new concepts
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced MS Word skills; proficient PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook application skills
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance / SCI
- Experience with Cybersecurity budget is highly desired.
- Familiarity with OMB Circular A-11 and laws governing Defense Budget are highly desired
- Experience with translating high-level strategy documents
- Ability to use CATMS or similar action tracking software to manage, update, and track staff actions
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #budgetanalyst #businessanalyst #cybersecuritybudgetanalyst @topsecretjobs #tssciclearance #PPBE