A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Acquisition and Procurement Support SME
- Job Title
- Acquisition and Procurement Support SME
- Job ID
- Crystal City, VA
- Other Location
Acquisition and Procurement Support SME
Crystal City, VA
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard LLC has been retained by a growing federal contractor in their search for an exceptionally skilled Acquisition and Procurement Support SME with current OSD experience to support TGS and our government client, the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), in Arlington, VA. Must have a current DoD Secret security clearance to qualify for this position.
This opportunity is for a unique individual with a broad skill set that can provide expert Acquisition and Procurement support across the JAIC organization. This individual will also work with the technical staff to craft strategies to exploit AI/ML technologies to enhance military effectiveness. The individual will take those strategies and help the budget staff turn these strategies into budget plans. This person needs to be a help pull an organization together and work cross functionally to ensure the mission of the JAIC is achieved.
- Help craft strategic approaches to acquisition of AI/ML technologies, and the strategies of how to exploit those technologies to enhance military effectiveness.
- Help create processes for gathering requirements for AI/ML technology acquisition needs converting needs to both acquisition strategies and budget planning.
- Helps draft Performance Work Statements (PWSs) and procurement packages.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion often with deadline pressure
- Assists the JAIC’s Business Operations function with establishment, documentation, and implementation of organization wide acquisition/procurement processes.
- Provide Executive support to the JAIC leadership on organizational strategies.
- Coordinate joint efforts with other groups and offices and maintain accountability of all acquisition/procurement efforts.
- Perform technical writing/editing, editorial consultation, proofreading, or overall documentation review for various documents, including acquisition, procurement, and other program documents,
- Assist other team members in other specialties as needed to accomplish the overall mission.
- 12+ years related experience.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field required.
- Requires a detailed understanding of the DoD Acquisition process and how to apply different process requirements, techniques, and approaches in different situations. Experience with Agile Acquisition HIGHLY desired.
- Ability to help layout a new organizational structure based on organizational mission highly desired.
- Extreme comfort speaking with Department executives required.
- Requires a basic understanding of the state of the art in AI/ML.
- Requires a basic understanding of the operational mission benefits of AI/ML technologies.
- Highly motivated professional and capable of managing demanding workload while prioritizing and managing competing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Powerful analytical and problem solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Advanced MS Word and PowerPoint skills; proficient Excel and Outlook application skills
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of data, files, tasks, schedules, and information
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion
- Familiarity with the PPBE process highly desired
- Know how to navigate the Pentagon to get work done.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #acquisition #procurement #DOD #JAIC @secretjobs #artificialintelligence #machinelearning