BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Network Architect
- Requirement ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
Apply your hands-on experience implementing and configuring tactical network communications systems to support innovative solutions for complex network architectures. Fuse is currently developing and implementing secure communications networks which require all levels of engineering support – including network design and optimization, implementing security protocols, configuring Software-Defined network systems, and documenting performance characteristics. This position will support design, development and test efforts for an airborne tactical networking system and will be responsible for ensuring the integrity and security of this system. Must have in-depth experience configuring and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols, QoS, and multicast.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System, Engineering, Scientific or related Technical Field from an accredited college or 5 years equivalent experience
- CISCO Switching and Routing experience is Required
- Network architecture - Software and virtualized infrastructure experience
- Experience installing and maintaining tactical networks
- Experience leading successful engineering, development, and deployment of network designs and architectures
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco internetworking with a heavy emphasis on switching (VLAN’s, 802.1q, IGMP, etc.) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VRF, PIM, etc.) and Cisco IOS XE.
- Ability to design, develop, document, test, and field networking capabilities incorporating security, high availability, flexibility, and remote administration.
- Strong technical network troubleshooting skiils with the ability to trace technical issues within multiple systems and networks as the protocol/packet level using sniffers, protocol analyzers, netflow, etc.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Red Hat Enterprise Linux (CentOS)
- Experience with virtualized systems applications and administration (ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Current US SECRET Clearance (or ability to get one)
- Cyber Security Workforce IAT Level II within six months of hire
- CCNP certification
- CompTia Security +
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, PPOE, MANET)
- Experience with US Navy Communications Networks such as ADNS/ISNS/CANES and/or other DoD Enterprise networks
- Knowledge of Navy Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Systems (C4IR)
- Experience with firewalls/IDS/IPS – Palo Alto preferred
- Experience with NSA Type 1 KG cryptographic devices
- Experience with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
- Knowledge of and experience with Software Defined Network stacks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership in the design, implementation, and support of dynamic, tactical networks
- Understand and implement router protocols including OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, PPOE, MANET
- Develop network security architectures with HAIPE, IPSEC, TLS and other protocols
- Support test and evaluation of network architecture
- Participate in developing requirements documents
- Leverage industry experts to find solutions to complex network problems
- Monitor and analyze application performance
- Configure, install, and maintain network security posture
- Implement IA controls
- Understand and ensure compliance with DoD RMF
- Work closely with the operational Project Management team to maintain successful sprints and stay on schedule
- Service as Network Architect SME across multiple projects
- Develop test plans, system diagrams, technology briefs, and presentations
- Must be willing to travel
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills