Nephrology Nurse Practitioner – Westgate Surgery Center
- Job Title
- Nephrology Nurse Practitioner – Westgate Surgery Center
- Job ID
- Glendale, AZ 85305
- Other Location
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with Chronic Kidney disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are seeking a Nephrology Nurse Practitioner to join our Phoenix, AZ team. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com.
Nephrology Nurse Practitioner - AKDHC
Utilizing your compassionate and empathic nature, you will be under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services and the clinical supervision of the physicians and you will augment the clinical care of the Renal Disease Patient by performing the following duties.
- Works closely with AKDHC physician of record as well as the dialysis staff to ensure that all dialysis visits are completed, documented, and medical issues addressed timely and appropriately.
- Provides new and established chronic kidney disease care in the office setting and consults with AKDHC physicians for coordination of plan of care.
- Works closely with AKDHC physician to help ensure that the quality outcomes are optimized.
- Maintains annual history and physicals when necessary and coordinates hospital discharge care plan.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the dialysis staff and staff in other medical facilities.
- Participates in a team approach to each patient’s care.
- May be assigned to Rehab, office, call, or SNF facilities depending on skill level and practice demands. In these cases, they would provide orders, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs. They would also record physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Behaves professionally at all times while conducting AKDHC business in an honest, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Performs other duties as needed within their scope of practice.
- Master's degree or equivalent; or 4-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed in the state as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Arizona RN license.
- Current Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant license with Master’s Degree.
- Certification as a Nephrology Nurse (CNN) preferred.
- Insurance knowledge is helpful.
- ICD-9 and CPT coding experience required.
- Effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of staff and outside vendors.
- Requires reliable transportation for travel between offices.
- Requires flexibility to work a variety of shifts as needed and to include nights and weekends
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.