Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Facilities Assistant
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77010
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,100 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR TODAY
The Partnership is looking for a Facilities Assistant to join the Resources division. The Partnership’s office space, Partnership Tower is located east downtown near the Marriot Marquis and George R. Brown Convention Center. Partnership Tower is a dynamic space that provides a warm and welcoming environment where local and global leaders cultivate new ideas and drive collaboration. The Partnership opens its doors to members and visitors of Greater Houston Partnership and we need a self-motivated professional to join the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The assistant for the facilities management department is a key resource for internal and external clients in the office facilities. The assistant provides support to all office staff related to internal meeting room setup, mail delivery, event logistics, and intermediate office maintenance and administration. With guidance from department manager, the assistant will work across all internal constituencies to support the day-to-day functionality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Conference/ Meeting Room Support
- Ensure conference rooms and meeting rooms are stocked with equipment and/or refreshments daily.
- Perform daily maintenance and inventory of basic meeting room equipment such as speaker phones, tables and chairs, projector screens, lighting and heating/air conditioning.
- Upon request communicate and liaise with associates booking conference rooms to verify requirements and expedite changes
- Maintain kitchen and coffee room supplies daily; maintain a stated inventory level.
- Order coffee bar supplies and soft drinks from supply house.
- Order office supplies and special orders upon request
- Pick up coffee pots and clean thermoses when needed.
- Clean-up after all meetings on a rotating basis.
- Maintain accurate supply inventory
- Assist all departments with event logistics (set-up, break-down, room temperature).
- Maintain product stock and organization of storage rooms.
- Help to maintain the overall cleanliness and order/organization of the office space.
- Work with building management, office management, and outside vendors to arrange for repairs and maintenance relative to office furnishings, fixtures, equipment and space
- Liaise with building management regarding common area services (restrooms, freight elevator, etc).
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained, place service request for equipment
- Sort and distribute fruit order for office
- Mail and postal administration and support
- Administrative support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Experience with vendor management for the purpose of purchasing office supplies, equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift boxes to process deliveries and for shelving purposes.
- Ability to physically configure furniture for meeting set-ups.
- Ability to physically organize store rooms.
- Ability to physically handle moves and changes within the office.
- Professional appearance.
- Professional, excellent, and effective communications skills.
- Preference for working with at all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact.
- Basic understanding in Windows, Office 365, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access other software programs
- Preference for detail work.
- Preference for fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize assignments, work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment and share tasks.
- Flexibility to work some overtime, as necessary.
Behavioral Competencies-Attributes, Behaviors, and Characteristics
Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ view; Gives and welcomes feedback
Planning & Organization Integrates changes smoothly; Plans for additional resources; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Uses time efficiently; Works in an organized manner
Customer Service- Displays courtesy and sensitivity; Displays courtesy and sensitivity; Displays courtesy and sensitivity; Displays courtesy and sensitivity; Solicits customer feedback to improve service
Accountable- Willing to be judged; takes ownership; Makes decisions; overcomes obstacles; Takes initiative and finishes a job at a high-level of excellence.
3 years’ experience working in professional environment providing office services support
Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
Adhere to office safety policies and procedures.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.