Option 1: Create a New Profile
Project Manager of Communications
- Job Title
- Project Manager of Communications
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77010
- Other Location
Project Manager, Marketing and Communications
WHO WE ARE
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region. Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,100 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR TODAY
Are you a communications professional with the vision and passion to see a project from initiation to close? Do you thrive off understanding strategy and executing projects within scope, while remaining accountable and a strategic business partner? The Partnership is looking for a talented, driven, collaborative and highly effective Project Manager of Marketing and Communications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing, assigning and executing projects related to marketing and communications. As a primary point of contact on all marketing projects, the Project Manager identifies all tasks that need to be completed within a project, and then strategically delegates those tasks to the appropriate team members, vendors, or other resources.
The Project Manager serves as the conduit between Marcom team leads and graphic design as well as outside resources where necessary. The Project Manager provides ongoing visibility into work as it progresses through designated communication channels. He or she coordinates across creative, content, digital, and marketing teams to ensure quality control and the tracking and timely completion of tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
Under the general direction of the Director, Digital Content and Creative Marketing and Communications, and working collaboratively with the shared resource team and respective Marcom professionals, the Project Manager of Communications will:
- Oversee the initiation, prioritization, and scheduling of marketing and communications projects, managing them from request through delivery
- Preside over regular project tracking meetings
- Keep track of discussion topics to ensure decision makers can make informed choices
- Manage the logistical operations of the communications team
- Work alongside Marcom team leads to ensure quality control and on-time delivery of assets for client groups
- Coordinate with Creative Director and graphics team to manage proper prioritization and scheduling of projects
- Help develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with team leads and client groups
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors including printers, photographers, videographers etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Experience in project management; ability to work in a high-volume communications environment with tight deadlines and fast turnarounds.
- Excellent writing and speaking ability
- An aptitude for selling ideas
- Excellent written communications skills required; composition, writing, grammar, and spelling.
- Ability to master a project management system
- Preference for working with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Strong ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to execute with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standard
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact.
- Professional appearance
- Collaborative both internally and externally; works with others to achieve common goals
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience working with InDesign and Photoshop is helpful but not required.
Behavioral Competencies-Attributes, Behaviors, and Characteristics
Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ view; Gives and welcomes feedback
Planning & Organization Integrates changes smoothly; Plans for additional resources; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Uses time efficiently; Works in an organized manner
Exceptional Communications- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing; Can write prose with proper grammar and syntax; Listens actively; builds trust; uses the appropriate media for the situation; Knows what and when to communicate to a audience.
Accountable- Willing to be judged; takes ownership; Makes decisions; overcomes obstacles; Takes initiative and finishes a job at a high-level of excellence.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or related experience
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.