A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Network Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Network Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22102
- Other Location
Network Security Engineer
Active Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard LLC, a Federal Contractor, and Workforce Solutions Company, has been retained by our client to support them fill an immediate need for an experienced Network Security Engineer to support ongoing operations of Networking and Security Services and other related areas and project work for all OIG systems supported by EX\IT. The development work to be executed at our clients' offices in the Arlington, VA area.
Responsibilities & Duties performed are as follows:
- Monitoring LAN ports and switches for servers and interconnectivity between the switches and other network devices
- Supporting network security activities in the areas of Routing, Switching, Remote access, Security Information, Event management, and Next Generation Firewalls with product specific knowledge of Juniper Switches, and Palo Alto Networks Firewalls.
- Management of virtual private network (VPN) solution that allows remote End Users and to securely connect to the network and Application Services over the internet
- Provide Operations and Maintenance for all Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) components, all external connections (VPNs), all routing and switching environment, the Next Generation Firewall, the Remote access solution, and Security Information Event Management.
- Provide Network and Security engineering support for internal systems integration projects such as the cloud-based services, VOIP, virtualized infrastructure, server and storage environment.
- Respond to and remediate the efforts of malicious activity and intrusions as defined in the Incident Management process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have and be able to maintain a Secret clearance.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in network engineering within Federal environment.
- 5+ years of experience with LAN and WAN hardware including Juniper, Palo Alto, Load Balancing, cable and rack management
- 3+ years routing, troubleshooting engineering, and network architecture experience required
- 3+ Years of experience in analyzing, installing, configuring, enhancing and/or maintaining the components of an enterprise network
- Knowledge of network security best practices
- Ability to manage projects, take ownership and execute objectives in order to meet deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Understanding of network protocols - IPSEC, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multi-link Point2Point, DHCP, SNMP, TCP, UDP
- VOIP experience preferred
- SD-WAN experience preferred
- Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certifications preferred.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.