BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Herndon, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Required Experience: Recent experience as a software developer/engineer.
- Be part of team that designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software and systems that contain logical and technical solutions.
- Ensure software standards are met.
- Determine stakeholder needs.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Determine software needs, analyzes software capabilities to resolve problems on managed programs.
- Collaborates with designers and/or engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems.
- Apply extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Able to communicate and present clear technical approaches and findings.
- As a member of a team, be able to work with others and collaborate on all technical needs.
- Java or PLSQL developer in front end, back end, middle tier databases.
- Experience in development environments such as Java, Wildfly, Openshift, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Redmine, Artifactory, Postgres 10, Oracle 11g, Weblogic, and some Cloud technologies (such as S3 and ElastiCache).
- DOD IAT Level II, certification. i.e Security+CE, CySA CE.(preferred)
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills