WORK TO BUILD HUMANITY’S FUTURE IN SPACE
- Job Title
- Database Administrator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Database Administrator - Jacksonville, FL
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND.
Made In Space is seeking an experienced (3-5 years) Database Administrator to monitor, and maintain our existing database infrastructure, and evaluate solutions for future growth.
- Work closely with multi-discipline team to build functional systems that meet mission requirements.
- Determine appropriate size and capabilities for a quickly growing company with a diverse set of data needs.
- Evaluate commercially available database software appropriate for Aerospace applications
- Maintain existing databases.
- Monitor database performance.
- Work with engineers and evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources.
- MUST be passionate about space!
- A four-year college degree in information technology or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL; Extract, Transform, Load (ETL).
- Experience with Database config, scripts, database performance optimization, metrics, monitoring, reporting.
- Experience with IAVA, security checklists.
- Experience with database design and development including modeling tools such as ERWin.
- Ability to design, code, test and deploy new database configurations.
- Experience developing and updating stored procedures.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Familiar with data structures, data structure within a DBMS, methods for defining data relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to present complicated technical issues with clear easy-to-follow solutions and path forward.
- Must be eligible to obtain security clearance.
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
Applicants must be Authorized to work in the United States.
- Required Skills