- Job Title
- Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Michigan City, IN 46360
- Other Location
Our client’s air filtration and specialty nonwovens expertise spans over 65 years. They have the unique ability to design and manufacture custom media and products for a wide variety of markets: HVAC, Industrial Finishing, and Specialty Nonwovens.
You’ve high expectations for yourself and your career. So does our client. Imagine what you’ll achieve together. You've worked hard to get where you are today. You want your next step to be the right one. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things.
As the Operations Manager, you’ll plan, direct and coordinate activities concerned with production of company products including: Manages Materials Manager, Buyer and four subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately 100 employees in the North and South Plants, Warehouse/Shipping, and Maintenance / Engineering departments. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure products are manufactured to specified standards, and work with all departments to continually raise quality standards compared to competitive products.
- Plan and manage the execution of projects; help the company implement process improvements that expand capability, productivity or capacity resulting in opportunities to improve profitability.
- Ensure continuous improvement of material efficiencies; continually increase the yields of saleable products per unit of input.
- Ensure continuous productivity improvement; continually increase the amount of saleable products per hour of labor.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four year college or university.
- Minimum of 7 ‑ 10 years manufacturing experience, including 3 ‑ 5 years management experience, with experience in at least 2 of the areas of supervisory responsibility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.