- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78216
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals - each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is powered by more than 5,500 adult volunteers, and serves 14,500 girls in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K–12 practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace new like a risk-taker and show empathy like a leader. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
The Maintenance Technician carries out specific maintenance duties and responsibilities related to all GSSWT properties, it’s facilities and vehicle fleet. Maintenance Technician supervises contractors, and volunteer maintenance staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains council properties in a safe operating condition in accordance with Girl Scouts of the U.S.A., ACA, and federal, state, and local standards/codes
- Implements preventative maintenance schedule and records to include:
- Performance of necessary electrical, plumbing, structural and mechanical repairs
- Landscape and grounds maintenance, to include spraying for removal of plants and insects
- Maintenance of equipment, vehicles and appliances
- Conducts regular inspections of the grounds, building, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances and major equipment.
- Issue building keys as authorized by department’s supervisors, maintain record of issuance and returned keys, and follows through for return of borrowed keys.
- Schedules annual inspections.
- Maintains an inventory of furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Maintains HVAC system including minor maintenance and temperature controls.
- Remains familiar with location of power, water, gas turnoff valves, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants on the property.
- Responds quickly and courteously to staff requests for maintenance service, troubleshoots the source difficulty, and takes appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards.
- Maintains janitorial and maintenance supplies.
- Moves and sets up tables, chairs, etc., for various council programs and events.
- Assists Camp Ranger with property projects on a as-needed basis.
- Monitors and supports recycling programs.
- Maintains adequate record keeping, paperwork processes and database administration.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
- The employee is required to maintain membership with Girl Scouts of the United States of America throughout the duration of their employment with GSSWT.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or 3 to 5 years of related experience required.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Starting at $14.75/hour
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSWT offers:
- Competitive pay.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSWT works to maintain the best possible environment for its employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. It strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.