Our team is growing. You will, too.
- Job Title
- Assistant Controller
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO
- Other Location
Company Name: AutoAlert
Location Kansas City, MO, US
Finance and Operations
As a member of the Corporate Accounting team, you will be working in a fast-paced, traditional environment while building relationships within the accounting team and the larger organization (i.e. Finance & Strategy, Revenue Recognition, Revenue Operations, Treasury, and Compliance). The Assistant Controller is responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities focused on proper application of US GAAP, all accounting transactions, monthly and quarterly close and balance sheet account reconciliations. In addition, the role will participate in SOX compliance, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. We are looking for someone who has supervisory experience, excellent problem solving skills, is a strong communicator, thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast–paced environment to support our continued success.
- Supervise and execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics and reporting)
- Understand and prepare accounting entries for all general ledger accounts, reconciliations and review of monthly balances.
- Evaluate process and system infrastructure, along with identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
- Evaluate diverse financial activities to determine correct GAAP accounting treatment and adherence to internal policies
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statement flux variance analyses for management reporting
- Provide support to the quarterly and annual reporting process, including preparing supporting schedules
- Work cross-functionally with and support our business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews, annual audits and SOX testing with internal and external auditors
- Assist Finance department with the annual budget process as well as monthly forecasts.
- Schedule meetings with internal managers to review monthly results versus forecast and budgeted expectations.
- Deliver on ad-hoc projects / deliverables as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors, or equivalent, in Accounting
- 5 or more years of accounting and/or revenue experience with ability to interpret and apply authoritative accounting pronouncements, specifically ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Experience in SOX control documentation / execution
- Process re-engineering involvement and/or process efficiency focus
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Strong organizational and verbal / written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, team player and able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong Excel skills
- Technical accounting skills in a broad range of topics preferred
- Workday ERP experience
- Acquisition / Integration experience
- Salesforce systems – NetSuite experience a plus
- Quick learner, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan
Eligibility requirements apply to all plans. AutoAlert, Inc. reserves the right to alter all benefit offerings at will. To protect our Dealer-Client relationships, we will require written consent from a GM or higher to move to the interview process.
AutoAlert, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.