A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Cyber Defensive Operator Engineer III
- Job Title
- Cyber Defensive Operator Engineer III
- Job ID
- Fort Meade, MD
- Other Location
Cyber Defensive Operator Engineer III
Fort Meade, Maryland
Top Secret/SCI required
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for a Cyber Defensive Operator Engineer III in Fort Meade, MD.
- Generate requests for endpoint data outside of standardized queries to fulfill current operations objectives
- Gather and analyze endpoint data from across JFHQ-DODIN’s span of control (Areas of Operation and Sectors) through DOD Component (Combatant Command, Service, Agency, and Field Activity) endpoint management systems in order to inform a Joint Operations Area (JOA) common operating picture (COP)
- Execute planned, formulated queries using an endpoint management system (e.g. Tanium, McAfee HBSS) to perform asset discovery and enumeration on Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) workstations, servers, and windows-only tablets
- Review, analyze, and verify current endpoint security configuration and effectiveness in response to emerging threats
- Analyze and combine endpoint data with combat information and intelligence reporting to show trends over time and develop countermeasures for defensive cyberspace operations – internal defensive measures
- Maintain an endpoint management portal containing current and archived endpoint management-related orders, memos, guidance and standard queries
- Develop and assist in overseeing the implementation of short-term and long-range projects related to endpoint security capabilities
- Serve as a Future Operations planner to develop, analyze, evaluate, advise, and present ACEM options to senior JFHQ-DODIN J3 leadership on DODIN Operations and DCO-IDM planning efforts.
- Participate in or lead the ACEM future operations planning efforts for global theater-specific DODIN Operations and DCO-IDM. Review, comment, or develop DODIN Operations and DCO plans and policies for the JFHQ-DODIN.
- Participate as a member of the ACEM Operational Planning Team (OPT) and outcomes to include the following: Initiation; Mission Analysis; Course of Action (COA) Development; COA Analysis & Cyber-gaming; COA Comparison; COA Approval; Plan/Order Development.
- Provides input for the development of ACEM TTPs, CONOPs, COAs, and other related documents related to DCO, DCO-IDM and the securing, operating, and defending of the DODIN.
- Provides input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, and assisting in the coordination of joint planning in support of training, exercises, and contingency plans and operations.
- Must comply with DOD 8570.01M IAM Level III expertise
Provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Working as expert, conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems. Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods. Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements. Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Analysts should have experience with Information Assurance DOD 8570 IAM Level III Certification (CISM, CISSP, GSLC, or CCISO) to support detection, monitoring, correlation, and prevention of cyber threat activity targeting DODIN.
- Analysts must possess experience with creating analysis and conducting assessments from a cyber-threat perspective
- Demonstrate experience analyzing large amounts of data and ability to prepare, write and present reports at the executive and/or congressional levels.
- Display excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite of applications
- TS/SCI Clearance Required
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.