Compounder, 2nd Shift (2 p.m.-10 p.m. Daily)
- Job Title
- Compounder, 2nd Shift (2 p.m.-10 p.m. Daily)
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006-6623
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug and medical device manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC.
Compounder, 2nd Shift
(2 p.m. - 10 p.m. Daily)
The Compounder adds chemicals, dyes, and other ingredients into the compounding kettles according to specifications and procedures listed in approved compounding mixing instructions. The compounder follows all Swiss-American CDMO SOPs, FDA, GMP, ISO and OSHA guidelines. The compounder oversees all of the equipment that is used during the compounding of the batch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews the Pick List, Batch Record Audit Log and verifies that all materials are present and weighed out accurately before starting the compounding of any batches.
- Thoroughly reads the mixing instructions before starting the batch.
- Verifies that all equipment that is to be used is cleaned and within the “Use by Date” before the start of any compounding.
- Records all equipment used in the “Equipment Use Log”.
- Weigh the tote(s) or drum(s) that the finished product is offloaded into.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practice compliance during all phases of compounding operations.
- Observes the quality of product and notifying compounding management of any anomalies or concerns.
- Observes and compares colors and consistencies of products to instrument readings and to laboratory and standard test results.
- Assures products meet documented specifications as required.
- Able to lift a maximum of 50lbs.
- Observes operation of equipment and notifying compounding management and/or maintenance department of any anomalies and/or concerns.
- Inspects equipment for any defects or malfunctions and shuts equipment down, if necessary.
- Adjust controls to regulate temperature, pressure, feed or flow of liquids and times of prescribed reactions, according to the knowledge of equipment and processes.
- Record operational data, such as temperatures, pressures, ingredients used, processing times or test results.
- Observes safety precautions to prevent fires or explosions.
- Obtains samples of products at specified stages so that analyses can be performed.
- Tests product samples for specific gravity, chemical characteristics, pH levels, concentrations or viscosities or send them to laboratories for testing.
- Records samples that need to be sent out for testing in the “Bulk Product Samples Log”.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
- Drain equipment and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Completes all documents properly and calculates all information needed on batch records.
- Performs closing duties if required.
- Assists in the weighing of chemicals, if needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.