Senior Firmware Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Firmware Engineer
- Job ID
- Ottawa, ON K2K 3R1
- Other Location
Senior Firmware Engineer
Our Ottawa, Ontario based client is a leader in the semiconductor industry (as well as datacom/optical with nearly 60 years of experience and offer a challenging environment with tremendous opportunity for growth.
The Senior Firmware Engineer should have experience with the 8051 processor platform as well as more advanced 32 bit processors such as ARM and ARC. Experience with firmware development is also essential.
Where you fit in
- You are a dedicated and experienced firmware developer who loves to work on new and exciting technologies! You want to work in an engaging and dynamic environment that challenges you everyday. A keen interest in datacom/telecom applications is also great.
- Analyzing functional requirements for new product to determine required data structures and behaviors
- Working with the design and systems team to help devise algorithms for various applications
- Architect the firmware structure to meet the functional requirements specified
- Creating written documentation for firmware
- Designing and implementing firmware modules using C, C++, assembly level software, and standard design patterns and techniques.
- Defining test cases and writing test automation to effectively validate module design
- Implementing drivers and validation test suites for new custom mixed signal hardware
- Working with the development team to ensure interoperability between firmware components and hardware
- Working with Design, Validation, Test and Applications Engineering to investigate and correct reported system behavioral abnormalities
What you bring to the table
- Strong experience with embedded programming, C/C++
- A working knowledge of Python
- Strong experience with RTOS
- The ability to understand hardware block diagrams and schematics
- The ability to troubleshoot, test, and debug
- Experience in the development of datacom/telecom applications is a plus, (Strong technical background and the ability to learn will also be considered)
- Experience with hardware architectures (Ability to read and understand hardware block diagram/schematic/data sheet/register maps)
- Experience with software architectures (Drivers, middleware)
- Experience with the debugging and troubleshooting of embedded systems
- Experience with the implementation of multi-threaded applications (understanding of inter-process communication)
- Completion of a university degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent (equivalent experience will also be considered)
- 2+ years of relvevant industry experience (embedded frimware development).
How to Apply
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Paul Thibeault by sending an email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.