- Job Title
- Training Supervisor
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006-6623
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug and medical device manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC.
The Training Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Training Manager to develop and maintain a compliant and effective Training Department and assure that all Swiss American (SA) employees conform to all regulatory and internal requirements. Responsibilities also include coordination and supervision of training material development and documentation controls, training execution, training verification activities, oversight of Training Specialists, cGMP requirements related to training and personnel competency improvements at SA and responsible for the management of training related files and the site Training Matrix.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with all departments to promote and deploy the necessary training requirements.
- Map out annual training plans for Management, HR, Quality/Regulatory, R&D, Project Management, Operations, Client Services and more.
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced and/or in-house) and methods.
- Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, and professional development classes) as well as ensure training effectiveness is demonstrated.
- Market available training to employees and provide necessary information about sessions.
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Demonstrate industry standards knowledge and FDA expectations in bench-markings best training practices, gap assessments to global regulations and training program elements required for Cosmetic, Drug, and Medical Device manufacturers.
- Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques.
- Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials.
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session. Effectively apply lessons learned, incorporate feedback and constructive criticism.
- Understand QMS requirements and potential inputs to an effective training department, such as CAPA, Nonconformance’s, Defects, Change Management, Regulatory requirements, Training Effectiveness, Good Documentation Practices, and cGMP.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design.
- Maintain updated curriculum database, Training Matrix, and training records.
- Create Train-The-Trainer curricula and host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to monitoring training program effectiveness; identify solutions that improve compliance and overall performance enhancements that ensure robust training implementation.
- Ensure applicable new employees complete initial Swiss-American Orientation/Onboarding training.
- Ensure appropriate employees to complete annual GMP training.
- Ensure all applicable employees are trained on new or revised SOPs.
- Institute and maintain the UniPoint training module to be utilized for all training records.
- Supervise Training Specialists and provide adequate direction, feedback, and guidance on cGMP requirements for SA’s QMS and Training Program to all site personnel.
- Support execution of internal and external audits.
- Participate and lead in activities such as:
- GMP awareness program including new employee orientation and training.
- Promotion of the quality system and reinforcement of compliance expectations.
- Compliance to domestic and international regulations, standards and customer requirements
- Support the Internal and External Audit programs.
- Management Review trending and Site Objectives monitoring.
- Data Integrity Program.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Four-Year College or university program certificate or degree, preferably in a Science discipline or five-plus years in related training discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years in a training leadership position.
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events, leading and development of a training program (site-wide).
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Proven ability to master and maintain the full training cycle in the regulated industry for Cosmetic, Drug, and Medical Device manufacturing.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, create effective business correspondence and memos, interpret and execute to cGMP requirements, regulations and standards, effectively interpret QMS documents and overall understanding of training elements related to a manufacturing site.
- Ability to effectively present complex information to a variety of audiences, monitor and trend training performance indicators and identify improvement areas to achieve training compliance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Business Suite and in database and Internet software. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; experience leading a team and delivering a training program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, design training requirements/curricula/materials.
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective processes and apply problem-solving tools.
- Comfortable in a cross-functional environment with the ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Effective at presenting information and responding to questions from managers.
- Able to write reports and business correspondence.
- Hands-on, self-starter with the ability to complete projects and resolve problems.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and oversee multiple projects.
- Identify and resolve personnel performance issues; effectively oversee training department resources and propose changes and resource needs evaluation as required.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.