Corporate Payroll Specialist
- Job Title
- Corporate Payroll Specialist
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
What would you consider the job of your dreams?
One with a competitive salary? Excellent benefits? Room for growth? Job security?
How about the chance to work for an award-winning company while making a difference for hundreds of small businesses?
Insperity offers all of these, and we’re looking for talented people like you!
Insperity is a nationwide, financially sound company that is steadily growing. We just opened several positions due to this growth, including this one! If you haven’t heard of Insperity, please Google us! We handle all of the human resource functions, as well as various business services, for 100,000+ companies, and are constantly winning awards like “Best Company to Work For” across the nation!
Looking for some GREAT benefits? How does this sound? 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement and 100% matched 401k. Sound good? Keep reading!
Corporate Payroll Specialist
Under general direction, responsible for processing corporate and commissioned sales payroll for corporate employees and all remote sales and operations centers. Maintains compliance with Company policy, and federal, state, and local regulations. Decision-making is moderate, governed by procedure and guided by policy, while focused on daily operations with company-wide impact.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Processes all corporate and sales payrolls for bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly pay frequencies including all bonuses, sales incentives, final pay, etc.
- Records stock option exercises and restricted stock grants, vesting and dividends as needed.
- Records and processes fringe benefits and other noncash compensation such as personal use of company car, country club dues, incentive trips, etc.
- Collects and reviews time sheets with recorded hours worked and benefit time used as well as other payroll related documents for compliance with Department of Labor or other government regulations.
- Updates and generates Excel payroll worksheets with new hires, changes, terminations, and other payroll related documents received from Corporate HR.
- Coordinates Leave of Absence notices along with Corporate HR and Ancillary Benefits to ensure employees are paid correctly, including the calculation of PTO and Hardship PTO and in compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) regulations.
- Manages PTO accruals and adjustments. Applies appropriate PTO plans for new employees based on geographic locations. Processes annual PTO rollover and payments.
- Performs all required testing of enhancements to corporate payroll system including new pay codes, addition of benefits, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of payroll related federal, state, and local regulations and ensures compliance. Answers questions from corporate employees and other sections as they relate to these regulations.
- Participates in year-end activities by providing reports as needed for W-2 purposes.
- Contributes to other areas when specific deadlines such as W-2 processing requires additional resources.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's Degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience preparing and administering payroll from paycheck calculations to issuing of Form W-2. Multi-state payroll tax filing; and filing quarterly tax returns experience.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- CPP Certification is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Principles, practices, and methods of general accounting including techniques used in payroll and payroll tax accounting; payroll tax laws applicable to the various federal, state and local taxing authorities.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under narrow time limitations and strict reporting deadlines; plan, organize and complete assigned work in a timely manner; communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; work independently from general instructions; and maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems; extensive experience in preparing electronic spreadsheets and using word processing software.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CNS