If you want to add your background to our database without applying to a job, please click Create Profile.
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Job ID
Charles Industries-Rantoul,IL*They will provide relocation assistance
Work with plant management to develop and implement plans for manufacturing operations and provide engineering support to multiple product lines. Interface with design engineers during prototype builds and propose changes to improve manufacturability. Determine equipment requirements, prepare capital equipment requests, and confer with suppliers on specifications and cost/benefit analysis. Identify opportunities to drive down materials and labor costs and to improve safety and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, ideally manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical, and 5-10 years of experience working in the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manufacturing documentation including blue prints, GD&T, process diagrams, and technical procedures.
- Experience with electrical manufacturing, specifically IPC-620 requirements would be a plus
- Lean or SixSigma certification preferred
- Basic Pro-E or AutoCAD experience is required
- MRP System and Agile experience is a plus
- Employees is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle and feel objects, use tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and twist. Push and Pull carts, pallet jacks, loaded or empty.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Vision abilities required are close, peripheral and depth. Must have the ability to recognize color.