If you want to add your background to our database without applying to a job, please click Create Profile.
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Job ID
Work with plant management to develop and implement plans for manufacturing operations and provide engineering support to multiple product lines. Interface with design engineers during prototype builds and propose changes to improve manufacturability. Determine equipment requirements, prepare capital equipment requests, and confer with suppliers on specifications and cost/benefit analysis. Identify opportunities to drive down materials and labor costs and to improve safety and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design of work centers, production floor layout, and product/process flows including ergonomic considerations and use of lean manufacturing techniques to reduce waste and reduce cycle time.
- Develop and maintain production routings, work measurement standards, and work instructions.
- Train manufacturing employees, facilitate Kaizen events, and audit work areas to ensure sustainability of improvements.
- Collaborate with manufacturing leads to ensure that all work center performance goals and objectives are achievable and supported.
- Evaluate manufacturing operations through various study techniques including time studies and recommend improvements as needed.
- Participate in engineering design reviews to assist with design for manufacturability
- Report status of prototypes and new products being manufactured at the plant
- Participate in 8D root cause analysis of quality defects and corrective actions throughout manufacturing operations.
- Determine tools and equipment requirements, prepare purchase or capital expenditure requests, and manage project implementation.
- Perform all work in a manner that promotes and ensures customer satisfaction and continuous improvement of safety, product quality, and manufacturing efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, ideally manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical, and 5-10 years of experience working in the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manufacturing documentation including blue prints, GD&T, process diagrams, and technical procedures.
- Experience and comfortable working in a sheet metal fabrication environment
- Lean or SixSigma certification preferred
- Basic Pro-E or AutoCAD experience is required
- MRP System and Agile experience is a plus
- Employees is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle and feel objects, use tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and twist. Push and Pull carts, pallet jacks, loaded or empty.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Vision abilities required are close, peripheral and depth. Must have the ability to recognize color.