WORK TO BUILD HUMANITY’S FUTURE IN SPACE
- Job Title
- Communications Specialist
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND.
Made In Space is looking for a Communications Specialist with a minimum of 3 years of experience in writing, editing, managing content calendars, and developing corporate communications products. The Communications Specialist will plan, coordinate, and implement the MIS Communications strategy, which includes developing the editorial calendar, drafting and editing copy for the website, collateral and customer-facing presentations. The Communications Specialist will develop new communications products, archive marketing products and deliverables, work with vendors, external partners and internal stakeholders. This position is expected to build the company’s brand narrative and meet the standard of editorial excellence as outlined by the MIS Communications strategy.
All candidates should be prepared to provide examples of their marketing work and writing samples upon request.
- Draft and edit copy for external and internal communications products including but not limited to blogs, press releases, website content, presentation decks, print and digital collateral, social media channels and formal reports.
- Develop and manage the Communications editorial calendar to forecast and track featured articles, blogs, social media content, thought leadership publications, and earned media.
- Provide formal and informal opportunities for MIS personnel to contribute to the Communications editorial calendar.
- Identify editorial opportunities for the MIS Communications strategy including op-eds, thought leadership publications, trade journals.
- Attends trade shows, industry events, workshops and seminars.
- Draft thought leadership content, speeches, internal memos, and presentations for MIS executive team.
- Coordinate, monitor and publish content production schedules for communications products.
- Coordinate with vendors and freelancers that support the Communications editorial calendar and related products.
- Provide creative and actionable ideas for the Communications team
- Work successfully within a fast-paced, creative and high-performing team
- Manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Independently manage content production schedules and writing assignments
- Use social media channels effectively
- Take direction and guidance from supervisor, departmental managers and executive leadership
- Interact effectively with communications team and other departmental teams across the company
- Develop and disseminate engaging content across a variety of formats and mediums
- Adept in Microsoft Office and G-Suite products.
- Preferred experience with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- Prefer familiarity with social media management tools- (examples- hootsuite, sprout social),
- Email marketing software (e.g., mailchimp).
- Competent fact-finding and note-taking skills
- Proficient time management and scheduling
- Exemplary writing and reading abilities
- Acute attention to detail and quality control for communications products
- Demonstrated motivation and willingness to learn and adapt
- Competent public speaker
Travel Required- An average of 25-30% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required
Must be fluent in English (both written and oral).
Must have a valid passport.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing required.
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about this Click Here.
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space!