Field Crew Labor
- Job Title
- Field Crew Labor
- Job ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Our client is the central management agency for the ten Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) that currently serve The Woodlands in Montgomery County. The services our client provides are water distribution, wastewater collection, storm drainage and tax collection services.
Our client’s principal objective is to provide the MUDs they serve with professional, reliable and quality services consistent with fiscal responsibility. They are also committed to improving their efficiency and effectiveness at maintaining the utility infrastructure and enhancing communication with their customers.
Field Crew Labor
Do you believe in “doing the job right the first time?” Are you a hands-on professional that strives for quality instead of quantity? Do you place safety above all else? If so, we want to speak with you!
Water Tapping Procedure
- Load truck with proper tapping supplies
- Report to Operator inventory removed from stock
- Check fuel and oil in truck and backhoe
- Probe for gas lines, electric and telephone cables
- Set-up U branch and make ready meter setting
- Set-up boring machine and bore road, and tapping machine and tap main
- Connect service line to corp and U branch, flush line
- Flush U branch with curb stop, set meter and box
Water Repairs Procedure
- Withdraw repair clamp from stock as instructed by Supervisor
- Probe to locate depth of water line and/or other utilities that may be in the operator’s path while digging up main.
- Turn off valves designated by Supervisor
- Place pump near water line to be repaired – pump out hole, add chlorine to prevent contamination
- Repair pipe with proper splice or repair clamp
- Aid in turning on valves/open 1 valve, flush out water main at the nearest hydrant (thoroughly) then open the balance of the valves – check for leak before leaving
In return for your hard work and effort, we offer a competitive hourly rate and benefits program, including a healthcare plan, holidays and PTO. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.