Payroll Implementation Specialist
- Job Title
- Payroll Implementation Specialist
- Job ID
- Irving, TX 75062
- Other Location
What would you consider the job of your dreams?
One with a competitive salary? Excellent benefits? Room for growth? Job security?
How about the chance to work for an award-winning company while making a difference for hundreds of small businesses?
Insperity offers all of these, and we’re looking for talented people like you!
Insperity is a nationwide, financially sound company that is steadily growing. We just opened several positions due to this growth, including this one! If you haven’t heard of Insperity, please Google us! We handle all of the human resource functions, as well as various business services, for 100,000+ companies, and are constantly winning awards like “Best Company to Work For” across the nation!
Looking for some GREAT benefits? How does this sound? 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement and 100% matched 401k. Sound good? Keep reading!
PAYROLL IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST
Under moderate supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Onboards new assigned clients with various client company structures and in multiple states/localities to payroll and related services ensuring accurate and timely implementation.
- Analyzes payroll data supplied by clients for accuracy and completeness, inputs and balances payroll data accurately, processes payroll, and reviews/analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and distributes to clients timely.
- Ensures accurate compliance with payroll laws and regulations for Insperity and the client.
- Supports client satisfaction indicators via quality service checks among clients and service observations performed by supervisor to ensure client satisfaction.
- Interfaces with department management and other internal constituents to support actions and initiatives, which improve region-wide client retention.
- Participates in client meetings to support clients’ perception of the value derived from Insperity’s services. Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate clients’ needs.
- Researches, gathers and analyzes client needs pertaining to payroll processing, reporting, related Insperity services and day-to-day operations for assigned clients.
- Maintains knowledge of a business’ financial operation relating to payroll and accounting for small to mid-sized business operations from an owner/payroll contact/on-site supervisor/CPA perspective to make business decisions and gives guidance to clients.
- Identifies payroll service solutions to streamline or enhance the payroll service delivery to clients and makes recommendations for improvements to processes and policies while maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations applicable to payroll processing and administration.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Maintains knowledge in federal, state and local payroll administration laws, regulations and best practices.
- Provides customer focused interaction ensuring timely response and effective follow-up on client and/or internal requests and/or issues.
- Provides ongoing and timely communication to payroll teammates, payroll supervisor and service teams on the status of relationship with client, and alerts appropriate internal departments with information pertinent to the maintenance of the client relationship.
- Participates in testing of new payroll processes and enhancements.
- Acts as back-up to supervisor and provides project support.
- Mentors new payroll personnel.
- Acts as back-up for other payroll functions as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Six to eight years of experience in payroll administration or related field are required. Minimum of two years Insperity or PEO industry payroll experience are preferred.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- FPC or CPP Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Strong proficiency and experience in payroll administration and practices, and knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations.
- Customer service skills in a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors with peers and other internal/external constituents.
- Able to effectively interact with multiple internal and external business units.
- Strong time management, organizational and facilitation skills with experience handling multiple task/activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exhibits good stewardship of monetary resources.
- Understands various HR disciplines and their role and impact on business as it relates to payroll, benefits, taxation, accounting, employment documentation, employment and general HR practices.
- Demonstrates effective business communication skills to facilitate high service value and service recovery with clients.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment. Able to communicate to a wide audience on the technical applications of payroll as applied to business and accounting as well as with client contacts for change management in practices and processes that do not support compliance with local, state or federal law pertaining to payroll and labor practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
- Principles, practices and procedures of general business including modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment, clerical methods, techniques, and filing systems.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.