BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Scientist - Sr.
- Job Title
- Scientist - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- St. Louis, MO
- Other Location
The Senior Scientist will work on a program demonstrating both the quick-and-dirty and operations-grad pilots on operationally relevant data that show the utility of R&D concepts when applied to beneficial impact on the current state of practice in Customer operations such as Analysis and Source mission-related activities. Team member will assist in conceptualizing and realizing these demonstrations, to include their research, development, implementation and the establishment of their tangible cost and benefit to Analysis, Source and other customers.
- Scientific validation and exploration of geophysical and photogrammetric near-real time modeling to support the development of a global, collaborative, 4D geoscience system and predictive modeling capability which enables the creation of actionable intelligence from complex scientific content to support DoD and Customer requirements
- Document statistical protocols used to determine earth science parameters most significant for geoscientific modeling
- Identify critical attribution for vegetation/land cover and soil moisture/material characteristics
- Collect supportive metrics from quantitative analysis for metric data to enable automation of “massive” geophysical modeling – to include World Magnetic Model and gravity model data
- Reporting and dissemination and other post-processing for the customer user interface and user experience in existing and concept end-to-end workflows
- Data preparation and cleansing, data quality assessment and its automation, statistical analysis, creation of balanced, unbiased datasets, dimensionality reduction
- Scaling, speedup, performance testing and optimization
- Develop investigation and validation approach, stand-up test environments, begin evaluating automation opportunities
- Expand to a greater set of features and multi-modality modeling, to include non-traditional source data
- Productively contribute to the migration of the current GeoLock architecture into C2S, and the capture and communication of substantiating evidence of these efforts
- Required Skills
• Expertise in the digital (IT) foundation for the target development and demonstration platforms such as cloud, enterprise, Research Lab Environment systems, NDAAS, GPU acceleration, other desirable target platforms; accessing data and networks on these systems, getting new packages and software and hardware approved;
• Expertise in the digital data foundation for GEOINT mission threads and sources, data curation, and the methods;
• Expertise in software engineering, code development, system integration, association libraries and kernels, hardware instruction sets and performing tuning for specific hardware instruction sets;
• Proficient in Geomatics Domain Knowledge, including feature and foundation data and intelligence data and sources and sensors and the analyst workflows associated with government-chosen mission threads
• Demonstrated experience in semi-automated and automated improvements in geosciences
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.