BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Technical Expert
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Technical Expert will develop working algorithms on Customer datasets and technical reports describing the research and performance metrics. Team member will apply theory to observables or proxy data to address intelligence issues.
- Research and develop algorithms for text analytics (word and document embedding, topic modeling, text classification, etc.) under the high-performance computing environment.
- Apply publicly available text and analytic algorithms to Customer dataset
- Write up technical reports describing the research and performance metrics
- Required Skills
• BA/BS with 4+ years of related experience and.
• In lieu of a degree, may substitute 11+ years of relevant work experience.
Specific Experience in the Following:
• Data science algorithm and software development.
• Developing mobile apps in Objective-C, Java (with the Android SDK)
• Familiarity with Python/Django, Ruby/Rails, OpenSource Tools (PostgreSQL,
PostGIS/MySQL, GeoServer, MapServer)
• Experience developing location based services
• Experience developing mobile web apps using HTML4/5, JQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch.
• Experience in developing the backend infrastructure architecture including implementation
• Experience in software engineering and programming and/or database technology such as JAVA, C/C++, PHP, KML or Oracle
• Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux and/or Unix computer operating system configuration
• Familiarity with hardware operations and architecture, especially related to mobile devices.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Desired: MA/MS degree