Our team is growing. You will, too.
- Job Title
- Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO
- Other Location
We are looking for an inquisitive Business Analyst with a penchant for digging into data. The ideal BA is self-motivated, resourceful and won’t stop until they have unearthed an answer. This position is within AutoAlert’s Business Intelligence team and requires the ability to react thoughtfully, while also moving quickly in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The BA will spend most of their time documenting requirements and specifications for report development and analysis projects, which are used by the BI team to develop data sources, test data, create reports and release new analysis.
The BA will also be expected to produce basic ad hoc reporting and data visuals swiftly and accurately.
The critical skills for this position include the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, basic project management skills (breaking projects into manageable tasks, managing to deadlines, managing expectations), and mathematical proficiency. A successful Business Analyst will have strong problem-solving skills, ability to communicate technical details at a high level, and demonstrate personal accountability for their work.
- Meet with internal stakeholders, ask questions and thoroughly document requirements
- Develop measurement plans, establish and evaluate KPIs
- Coordinate creation of new data sources with BI team colleagues and communicate in detail what is needed to meet analysis requirements
- Develop and document technical specifications to help build out team resources
- Creation and delivery of ad hoc reporting requests in a timely manner
- Collaborate and assist other team members with overflow work
- Actively participate in quality assurance, ensuring business value is clearly stated and requirements are met
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve, keeping all stakeholders updated on the project status and adjusting expectations as needed
- Ensure reports stay true to the measurement plan and strategic goals
- Accountable for handling multiple projects and managing to deadlines
- Innovative, data-driven mindset with an inquisitive nature
- Analytical and mathematical skills with ability to apply creative solutions to complex problems
- Resourceful and motivated to learn
- Must demonstrate a positive and confident personality when interacting with others
- Must have high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous experience in collecting, interpreting and analyzing data
- Strong communication and business writing skills
- Experience working with internal and external customers on the development of report requirement documents
- Ability to adapt in a positive manner to changing priorities and to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Any experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau) is a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in Business Analysis, Data Analytics or relevant experience
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- High-energy, self-starter with a strong business ethic
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Health Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan
Eligibility requirements apply to all plans. AutoAlert, LLC, reserves the right to alter all benefit offerings at will. To protect our Dealer-Client relationships, we will require written consent from a GM or higher to move to the interview process.
AutoAlert, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.