California Special Education Area Manager
- Job Title
- California Special Education Area Manager
- Job ID
- San Diego , CA
- Other Location
We are hiring a California Special Education Area Manager
Futures Education is a unique organization that provides management and clinical staff to schools located in several locations through the United States. First and foremost, we are hands-on practitioners and educators, committed to best practices, research, and data-driven decision making that provides authenticity to our work and allows us to provide unparalleled service to our client partners.
California Area Manager Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the executive vice president of program development on new and existing contracts state-wide and determines specific needs including staffing, management, professional development, coaching and mentoring, and programmatic review.
Human Resource Duties
- Communicates with the recruiters to ensure that the open positions are posted correctly, screens new candidates, interviews candidates, facilitates district/charter school interviews, placement, compensation negotiation, and on-boarding. Plans, organizes, and facilitates all staff orientations for the region, including the beginning of the year and individual orientations throughout the year as needed. Monitors budgeted vs. actual hours to ensure synchronicity with the P&Ls. Works collaboratively with contract lead and special education director on all employee challenges, issues, or concerns that arise. Coordinates performance reviews and conferences in collaboration with the contract lead or special education director and district administrative staff. Attends state and national conferences to recruit potential employees or to promote the company.
Contract Management Duties
- Facilitates ongoing communication regarding daily operations for assigned contracts to district administrative staff. Collaborates with contract lead or special education director to review current workload and caseload for all staff assigned to contracts of responsibility. At the beginning of the year, this is done weekly and throughout the year as needed, but not less than quarterly. Collaborates with contract lead, special education director, and school staff to ensure ongoing communication, necessary problem solving, and proper services are occurring. Facilitates communication between the district/school/charter and staff on policies and procedures. Collaborates with contract lead or special education director on the professional development needs of each contract. Assists the executive vice president of program development with the renewal of all contracts during the Spring of each year. Full contract P&L budgeting and performance responsibility.
Contract Leads and Special Education Director Oversite
- Provides oversite and supervision to all contract leads, line staff, and special education directors assigned to the region. Collaborates with contract lead and special education director to resolve problems and issues to ensure smooth operations within all contracts. Provides oversite to all subcontracts, consultants, and staff within each contract.
Experience and Compensation
- Extensive Special Education background required with appropriate education degrees and credentialing. Experience as a Special Education teacher and director preferred with a minimum of a Master’s degree. Compensation and benefits plans are competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in becoming a Special Education Teacher with our team, please reach out today!
- Required Skills
- Extensive Special Education background required with appropriate education degrees and credentialing.
- Experience as a Special Education teacher and director preferred with a minimum of a Master’s degree