BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
SOC Analyst II
- Job Title
- SOC Analyst II
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
The Tier 2 Monitoring & Analysis (M&A) Analyst will support a team on a highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle that provides Customer SOC support, cyber analysis, application development, and a 24x7x365 support staff.
- Conduct malware analysis, host and network, forensics, log analysis, and triage in support of incident response.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
- Lead Incident Response activities and mentor junior SOC staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
- Be a flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- Demonstrate ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
Team member would work on a shift schedule, as described below. All shifts total 80 hours every 2 weeks, and multiple shift options are often available.
- Night: 7 PM to 7 AM
- Back: Thursday through Saturday, with alternating 8-hour shifts every other Wednesday
- Required Skills
Bachelors Degree in STEM, Cyber Security, or other related field with 3+ years of related experience.
Expertise in one of the following specialized areas:
• Email Security
• Monitoring and detection
• Incident response
• Cyber intelligence analysis
• Supporting detection, containment, and eradication of APT activities targeting customer networks.
Must Have One of the Following Certifications:
• GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
• GREM – Reverse Engineering Malware
• GPPA – Perimeter Protection Analyst
• GISF – Security Fundamentals
• GXPN – Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
• GWEB – Web Application Defender
• GNFA – Network Forensic Analyst
• GMON – Continuous Monitoring Certification
• OSCP (Certified Professional)
• OSCE (Certified Expert)
• OSWP (Wireless Professional)
• OSEE (Exploitation Expert)
• SEI (Software Engineering Institute)
• CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
• CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security
• CCNA Security
• CCNP Security
• CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
• LPT – Licensed Penetration Tester
• ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
• ENSA – EC-Council Network Security Administrator
• CNDA – Certified Network Defense Architect
• ECSS – EC-Council Certified Security Specialist
• ECSP – EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer
• ECES – EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist
• Cyber Analyst Course
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Ability to script in Python, Bash, Visual Basic, or Powershell
• Proficient with Cyber Kill Chain (CKC) or similar frameworks
• Experience in cyber government, Department of Homeland Security, and/or federal law enforcement