Lab Administrator, LIMS
- Job Title
- Lab Administrator, LIMS
- Job ID
- PASADENA, TX 77502-1305
- Other Location
Our client is a leading provider of independent specialty gas testing services since 1988, and although they specialize in not-so-routine analyses, they have almost three decades of experience in everything from advanced R&D project consulting to routine quality tests.
Lab Administrator, LIMS
As the Lab Administrator, LIMS, you will ensure efficient and effective laboratory operations including facilitating the intake and movement of customer samples through all laboratory processing including login, LIMS recordkeeping and workflow documentation. You will also be responsible for management of laboratory method documentation, calibration standard tracking and certification and the requisition of all lab supplies and all jobs tracking on instrumentation builds. Our client will rely on you to coordinate with sales staff, accounts receivable and customers on necessary work requirements, purchase orders and sample returns, as well as facilitate and document safety procedures, meetings, incident reporting and any necessary reporting. Working with the technical staff, you will provide the necessary documentation for customer audit requirements and reviews. Essential in your role as Lab Administrator, LIMS, you must be capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and coordinate with other departments.
- Review all incoming samples and resulting LIMS entries and facilitate workflow development specific to the sample requirements.
- Review sample documentation including quotations, sales orders and purchase orders for clarity and to assure work orders meet customer needs.
- Build and maintain engineering files on all instrumentation builds.
- Order laboratory supplies and necessary parts for instrument builds. Reviewing job costs to ensure all costs are documented for profitability review.
- Facilitate with shipping and receiving staff the return of customer samples and/or sample equipment, and shipment of equipment for domestic and international deliveries.
- Bachelors’ degree in Chemistry.
- 3+ years of managerial experience.
- 1 - 2 years of lab experience.
- Strong computer skills including, Office 365, Publisher, chromatographic data systems, Adobe Acrobat and QuickBooks.
- Hazardous Material training may be required.
- Basic knowledge of analytical chemistry technologies including gas chromatography, FTIR, ICP-MS, GC MS and basic wet chemistry tests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.