Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Lead Proposal Writer
- Job Title
- Lead Proposal Writer
- Job ID
- Herndon, VA
- Other Location
Want to make a real impact?
At Liberty, we believe that Lines of Code can Change Lives, and it is our job to do so every day, more securely and more dependably.
We are currently seeking a sharp, ambitious, and enthusiastic Lead Proposal Writer to join our team to innovate and change the face of healthcare in our country.
Over the past year, our small company has tackled a wide range of public health issues through technology and business solutions, such as Veteran suicide prevention, genomic and big data analytics, community care, API-driven government gateways, health record modernization, and enterprise-wide federal cyber security and DevSecOps efforts to name a few.
So what will you transform?
- Responsible for leading a team of proposal writers, providing expertise, guidance and direction
- Develop federal IT proposals by using best practices to produce high-quality winning proposals
- Assume Book Boss or Volume Lead responsibilities as assigned
- Develop storyboards, outlines, and other documentation associated with the proposal development process
- Participate in color team reviews and recovery, solution meetings, and other collaborative events to further the proposal development process
- Conduct interviews with key personnel, subcontractors, program managers, and subject matter experts to develop past performance, resumes, management, and technical content
- Conduct RFP/RFQ/RFI analysis to become familiar with source materials
- Develop annotated proposal outline and proposal template to align with RFP/RFQ/RFI requirements and address the customer’s issues and needs
- Coordinate, manage receipt of proposal content from all content contributors
- Conduct regular meetings with content contributors through bid completion
- Write original compelling and compliant content in response to RFP questions, highlighting unique benefits that meet customer goals and objectives
- Review proposal content to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that customer page limits are not exceeded
- Edit content from other contributors to ensure consistent voice; compelling and compliant messaging; spelling/typographical/grammatical errors; and inclusion of appropriate win themes, benefits, and discriminators
- Coordinate with graphics team to ensure alignment with written response
- Consolidate all proposal responses, and provide final editing and proofing
- Support final production and printing
- Support and contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to enhance the efficiency and quality of the writing/editing team and overall proposal group
- Expertise in leading and mentoring proposal team members in developing compelling, compliant, customer-focused proposals
- Excellent writing and communication skills, especially in development of complex technical and management approaches
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work closely with large and small teams of disparate personalities with competing schedules
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight time constraints
- Able to manage a diverse workload and balance numerous priorities
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient in leveraging collaboration tools such as SharePoint, GoToMeeting, Teams, OneDrive and similar tools to effectively communicate with and manage team members in geographically disparate locations
- Strong independent research skills
- Comfortable asking questions of technical resources to keep forward momentum on proposals in process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 5-6 years of experience developing federal government proposals
- Experience working in a fast paced, multi-contractor environment
- Knowledge of Department of Veterans Affairs proposal development a plus
- Health IT experience a plus
- Experience with T4NG IDIQ a plus
- Technical understanding of concepts such as Agile, DevOps, Human Centered Design (HCD) and APIs