BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Tier 2 Cyber Security Analyst
- Job Title
- Tier 2 Cyber Security Analyst
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: Minimum Top Secret Clearance. In addition to specific clearance requirements, all Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field
- 3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of multiple Operating Systems, monitoring and detection techniques and methods, and Incident Response Lifecycle. The candidate must be familiar with the operation of common protocols, network intrusion detection systems, and endpoint detection and response tools. Experience using PowerShell, Python, or Bash to automate common tasks is highly preferred.
- Conduct investigations by analyzing and verifying information utilizing log analysis, digital evidence collection and forensic procedures.
- Use Network and Host based tools to monitor and detect potential threats and unauthorized activity across Windows, Unix, Cloud, and Mobile devices.
- Perform forensic and memory analysis on Windows, Unix, Mobile, and Cloud devices and infrastructure.
- Develop and update security content such as IDS signatures. SIEM queries, alerts, and dashboards, Standard Operating Procedures, and other detection and mitigation measures.
- Identify network visibility and technology gaps to make recommendations to improve the organizations overall security posture.
- Automate procedures and develop code to eliminate repetitive manual tasks.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other entities within and outside the SOC.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM, or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CERT CSIH EC Council: CHFI, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE Encase: EnCE, DOD 8570: IAT L3, CNDSP Analyst or IR Carnegie Mellon: CSIH
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
Between 1-2 years of experience in two or more of these specialized areas:
- Insider Threat
- Digital media forensic
- Monitoring and detection
- Incident Response
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills