BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Technical Writer II
- Job Title
- Technical Writer II
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC 20520
- Other Location
The Technical Writer will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Write and edit technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation
- Create code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources
- Write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
- Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Required Skills
• Associate’s Degree and 6+ years of experience.
• Experience with MS Office
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.