- Job Title
- Office Manager/Bookkeeper
- Job ID
- PASADENA, TX 77502-1305
- Other Location
Our client is a leading provider of independent specialty gas testing services since 1988, and although they specialize in not-so-routine analyses, they have almost three decades of experience in everything from advanced R&D project consulting to routine quality tests.
Office Manager / Bookkeeper
If you have experience working in a fast-paced office and you enjoy establishing your own organizational systems, then we’re excited to talk with you. We’re seeking someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision while managing multiple tasks at once without feeling overwhelmed.
As the Office Manager / Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for the effective day-to-day business operations for a small business by overseeing administrative and financial operations, and developing and implementing operational and financial policies in all non-technical areas of business operations. Our client will rely on you to manage the office and financial staff and contractors to achieve business goals.
- Generate and negotiate contracts, reviews existing contracts and purchase orders with input from department supervisors.
- Review corporate insurance policies and negotiate changes required by changing business environment.
- Oversee administrative personnel to insure efficient business operations. Responsible for personnel and organizational development to meet organizational needs including recruitment and salary review.
- Provide payroll integration and submission support and human resources interface with PEO.
- Provide oversight and procurement where necessary, of outside contractors for financial reporting within the company including banking needs, accounting requirements, property and income taxes, and asset management.
- 3 - 5 years in an office management role to include supervising employees and accounting functions.
- Basic knowledge of small business financial management necessary to interface with accounting, insurance and payroll contractors.
- Knowledge of standard corporate insurance policies including workman’s compensation requirements.
- Experience with small business human resources and payroll management.
- Basic knowledge of corporate tax issues including, sales tax, property tax and income taxes.
- Knowledge and experience with corporate asset management.
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 Enterprise, Publisher and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks desktop accounting system for review and oversight and input of adjusting entries where necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.